Happy 4th everyone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casnos Minis

Reaction score
I want to wish evertyone a safe a happy 4 th of July. I have to figure out how I'm going to go to 4 partiers this year.

Also As you might remeber I bought a puppy from Lyn J on here this year. She's coming on 9 months old this month. She just came into her first heat. I know not to breed little dogs until they have had a couple of heats, but how many? We've always had big dogs and bred them by their 2nd or 3rd heat. Does the same apply for little dogs? I know I want to breed her at least once, so any info would be great. She's abount 8 pounds and a ball of fire. She's a great little dog with lots of personality. Everyone that meets her falls inlove with her wether they like her breed or not. She a long haired mini dauchsund. That's another question her hair is more like medium length, how long should it be before it's long or will she stay medium length?

Christy

Dixie: This is about Xmas time

Dixie1.jpg

I was told when I was thinking of breeding Moxie (corgi) not to breed her until she was 2. Now some people said I could do it on the heat cycle before her 2nd birthday, but my thought was why rush it. That made it her 4th cycle that she was bred on.

I know it does depend on the breed somewhat, so I can't help you more than tell you what I did!
default_smile.png

~kathryn

I usually dont breed until they are at least 3. That gives time to get all the appropriate health testing done. ( CERF, OFA, ect) Many of the genetic issues we see in both my breeds are late onset. My last litter the bitch was bred for the 1st time at age 5, thus giving more time to make sure no issues were there.

I don't breed dogs. But if I did, it wouldn't be until minimum 2 years AFTER they've had all the genetic testing that needs to be done.

Jessi

I use to breed English Mastiffs and Labs and never bred before the age of two.

After the age of 2. Small dogs, I would probley wait until 3. AKC won't let you register any pups out of a bitch that is either under 2 or a 1 1/2. Somewhere around there.

Latest posts

Back