HAPPINESS THREAD! Post it here! PLEASE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm VERY happy right now, as I have made an unexpected deal on a VERY nice filly from a Forum member! I'm sure I'll be starting a thread on her within the next few days.
wink.gif

Hmmm.... well, I'm alive
rolleyes.gif
I'm on some new medication, one of the side effects of which might be hallucinations, paranoia and psychotic episodes- but both the Dr and I agreed no-one would ever notice- My Dr's a HOOT!!! Ecco is pregnant with her first foal- FINALLY-(she's rising five) she saw fit to tell me the other day, except, unfortunately, it's a filly and I really wanted a colt, but never mind, a healthy foal is my first priority. This mare is fifth generation of my breeding, and is in foal to Rabbit (which is why I wanted a colt) who is her Grandfather, and her Great Grandfather, so it will be an exciting foal. And the weather is not quite so hot.

All is well in Southern Maine!

My daughter turns 4 tomorrow and she is SO EXCITED!!!

All horses are well BUT I am in the stage of saying "Maybe they are not bred at all" because I am tired of checking and there is no change! My friend thinks I might have fall foals???

When I have had foals before they nromally arrive 2 weeks after I convince myself that the mare is just fat!!!!!!!!!

But Life is good here, we are Happy even in the heat and humidity!!

Hope life and weather improves for those who are not doing so well in those departments!!

Oh, I almost forgot this morning, my daughter peed her bed, then came into my bed and did the same,my son took his diaper off and pooped in his crib for the third time, my incontenant dog peed her bed and my puppy peed in her crate. I checked my watch and it was 7.15 am!! I have done 4 loads of laundry this morning but nobody seems one bit upset except me!! So I packed the kids in the car and treated myself to a delicious large iced hazelnut coffee with xtra cream and now all is well!!!

My horses were good and peed and pooped where they were supposed to!!! I better run and make the most of this time my little man is sleeping!!

have a GREAT day!!

Fiona
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well, I am completly over this old guy who didn't deserve my attention, I have a new crush-who may like me back, and I am going to nationals. I am pretty excited!

Lets see, well I WASN"T in the obituaries this morning, that's a start
biggrin.gif

My pain pills worked 6 hrs instead of 4 and I actually went to Walmart by myself and pushed a cart.No electric one available and I can't afford one of those.

rolleyes.gif
Being silly, but it's true, my kids are all healthy and happy and I still have my husband coming on 45 yrs Aug 19th which is also my 64th birthday:)

We're still in love and wake up many morning to the call of the loons..we live in a free country where even if we don't like it we're free to complain about it without reprisal..

Live is good, take a breath, every day is a new chance to get it right.

Love you all, Maxine

Thanks Marty for puttiing life into perspective.

I've been feeling sorry for myself this morning, because we only have a small number of entries for our first Manitoba Stampede double show. Many had promised to come if we got a show closer to home, but that hasn't materialized.
no.gif

We've had lots of rain in our area, so some can't even get their horses out to excercise. Others have company from overseas, but we're looking forward to having them come to the show to get in a good visit. Still others?? oh well! too busy!

I'll just be grateful for the ones who are coming, and for the people who are helping out.

The judges and steward have promised that we'll have a good time anyway, and I know they are right!
yes.gif

Maybe next year will be a whopper!
rolleyes.gif

H

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, let's see...

Last Friday I took my suburban (our ONLY rig) in to the tranny shop...they call back at noon, tell me I need a brand new tranny (wasn't a huge surprise, but a major disappointment!), AND AND AND a new ENGINE!!!!
new_shocked.gif
Now THAT was a shock!!!
new_shocked.gif
We still owed $4000 on it!!!!!:cold:

Then, get this, on the way home with the suburban, the tranny decided to go out completely and the engine blew at the SAME time!!!!!
new_shocked.gif
crybaby.gif
frusty.gif
new_let_it_all_out.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

Well, there is a happy ending to this story (after all, this is a GOOD NEWS thread, ins't it?
biggrin.gif
)... After I got the news about the suburban, we decided to to check out prices of used minivans, planning to go in Monday to trade the suburban in. Well, we went to this one dealer (Hertz) and decided to get the process started right then. They found us a nice minivan (2002), were working on our approval and such, then let us take the van out to get our kids and (unbeknownst (sp??)to them to pick up our suburban from the SHOP
wink.gif
). Well, that's when the engine and tranny gave out. I was soooooo upset. There went the deal.

Well, when I got back to the dealer, he felt for us and told us to have it towed there, they would take it as is and get me in that van no matter what. Hubby had also gotten a raise that day (wasn't suppose to show up for another month). It all just fell into place. It was amazing. The floor manager (who we were working with) was NOT suppose to be there that day, they NEVER take in dead rigs, John's raise appeared early, we got the ball rolling on the deal BEFORE the suburban went kaput (otherwise, they would NOT have made the deal), we got the ball rolling on THAT day rather than waiting over the weekend as planned. I swear it all just felt like fate, kismet, divine intervention or whatever. We would have been so screwed if we'd not been working on a deal just before the engine and tranny blew!!!

OK, that is my great news. Now there is a downside, I no longer have a rig to pull our horse trailer!
no.gif
Not sure what's going to happen with that. May have to buy an old truck to do it, at least just to get it to the vet if necessary.

aaaaaaaaaacapeltrophy.jpg

Our first grand son (now 9) is spending a week with us...... He has not been able to stay with us without his parents for several summers now....... Some of you forum oldies may remember the picture of him bending over kissing one of our horses nose when he was two....... He is now learning what it takes to take care of these horses.. After finishing the chores the other night he said "geez you have to do a lot of WORK for these horses ".......................... The picture is of him & grand daddy from a local show this week.. ( The avatar is his sister )...... We are headed outside to teach him how to give the horses a bath. So hot here we may end up in a water fight................................... Edited to say he is our only grand son.. The other three are grand daughters....... Oh & he didn't want to help bathe the horses. Said he helped grand daddy bathe one yesterday. I get the feeling if he has to do a chore more than once he does not want animals.

Humm,,,

Son took his Yearly SAT's,, and is PHS!! Yes !!! (He is homeschooled, and aces his tests!!)
aktion033.gif

Going to see that, been there done that older Fjord mare with miles again, this coming Sat.

Would be nice to get a nice older Steady horse to ride.

Have been riding, as my physical Therapy, and it is working!!

wink.gif

We moving to Texas next week on 70 acres pasture. My animals have never seen

fresh grass, isn't it wonderfull !!

Got a present from my lovely husband " Little Americas Silver Charmer" out of my favorit stallion LA Silver Tornado. Isn't it wonderfull?

Life is good

Anita

Thanks Marty for this great idea

We got a break from the horrible humidity that has been plaguing us for the last few weeks finally yesterday! The horses were loving it!!! I got a chance to go out and mow the property so the horses are not up in knee high grass grazing.
aktion033.gif

I took my puppy Lakota out to Pet Smart so she could pick out some toys and she was enjoying herself so much! She even had a crowd around her just petting her and cooing...LOL !!!!
biggrin.gif
It's a beautiful day, altho hot and somewhat humid, but the sun is out, my horses are happy, I finished grocery shopping and now I can kick back, play with the dogs, and enjoy the rest of the day/evening!
yes.gif

I feel happy and very thankful for a lot of things this year.

Obviously, I am happy, thankful and still in awe that I have three amazing horses coming from Erica: DunIT, Sunny & Destiny. I feel like I've never been so horse lucky as I have been in being able to have these horses in my future.

The truth is I am as happy that I'm dealing with Erica Killion to get these horses as I am happy about the individual horses. Erica is so wonderful and I respect and admire her a lot. She is already a wonderful mentor and valuable source of informance and guidance.

Additionally, I feel happy about my business / job. I am blessed in that department to have a career I really enjoy and to be sharing it with my business partner of 10 years -- my DAD. Sure wouldn't have seen this coming even 15 years ago. Neither of us would have!

My puppy, Kelsey, makes me smile all the time. Every day, I love her even more. All my dogs, I just love them so much I feel like my heart could explode from it when I reflect.

I am happy that I have gotten closer to CKC / Kim. She is a true friend and someone I can talk to and blow off steam when I need to. She and I have been through a lot together.

This "place" here is another thing I am happy and thankful for. It's so nice to have a place to come to for advice, to share good news, to help others and to be helped, and just to "talk horses".

AND I am happy for this thread, which is making me sit here and think of how MANY things in my life make me happy.

yes.gif

hmmm....

Show this weekend!!
biggrin.gif
And I am done clipping for this show! (I am getting sick of that part of it! lol..)

Thats about it, over here
saludando.gif

-Kris

good news here-- my nephew's house burned to the ground. He was inside sleeping & some neighbours came by & made enough noise to waken him. He got out through a bedroom window, with only his gotchie's. but he got out. Wife & kids were away -- he works night shift so was sleeping after supper.

LOTS & LOTS to be happy about here -- they have 4 girls -- twins age 6 , one age 9 & one age 11.

I had a job interview today, and had my meds changed yesterday, so hopefully both of these things work out and I will be happier, saner and working soon! ANd out of the poor house!

Thanks Marty for the"HAPPINESS THREAD!"

What a good idea and it is so much fun to read all the happy things from our Forum Members!!

I am so happy that we had some more rain, everything was getting so dry and now it looks so green and healthy.

My horses all look and feel great, my babies are all just adorable and so sweet and friendly.

I got to go our for lunch with my daughter, granddaughters and daughter-in-law!!

It was fun to spend time with both of them before they get busy and are back in school!!

Being retired from teaching is GREAT!!! I am thankful for every day that I feel good and can spend my time at home with family/friends/my precious German Shepherds and my little herd of mini horses!!!

Here........

The He**ish nightmare ends tomorrow!!!!! Things could not be so happy after tomorrow but hey, IT WILL BE OVER!!!

My nephew and his wife came down from Idaho and brought my beautiful great nephew for us to meet!

Life is good!

Much to be happy about here.

My son is home, from Costa Rica for one more week of his 2 week visit.

Next week he returns to finish his Masters Degree in Sustainable Natural

Resource Development. He's been gone for 7 months. It's wonderful to

have his smiling face at home. He returns at Christmas for 2 weeks then

back to Washington DC to finish his 2nd Master's degree in International

Conflict Resolution. He'll graduate next May.

My sister and her family just left after a 10 day visit, they live outside Dallas.

They hadn't been home for 4 years so it was good to see them.

The new harness arrived for our little gelding and had it fitted to him today.

Fits just like it was made for him
aktion033.gif

The 'Z' family is doing well. Zuni, the baby is six weeks old and I'm not

quite sure how that time passed so quickly. She impressed the farrier by

standing like an old pro for her feet to be done a couple weeks ago. She

doesn't mind her halter being on and is incredibly social. Big Sis, Zena, is

over her snit of not being the baby any more and is a good babysitter.

It looks like the colt? we've been trying for for 2 years
wacko.gif
should arrive

late next June, as Zoe and BabyZee are working on a boy for me, they said.

Actually BabyZee could be lying as being the herd sire to one mare is a pretty

boring job.......if it's another filly guess I won't be surprised.

Summer finally arrived in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and we couldn't ask

for any nicer weather..........

Life be gooooooooood!!

Happy for some much needed rain for the corn/soybean crops after this intense heat.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back