HAPPINESS THREAD! Post it here! PLEASE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
OK I guess the heat and rain and mud is really getting to me. And of course recent losses and reports of sadness.

Please! There must be some good news that you can post! Let's here some fun and good news!

My good news is that although I am slopping in mud with the horses and their present barn SANK in the other day's flooding, I'm getting a load of shavings for it today. YIP YIP YIP.

I spent yestarday from daylight till dark trying to shovel up mud and haul it from over here to over thar.....to no avail. Got all the fans running on high, will probably be blowing some fuses, but oh well. I have to do something to get my horses a dry place to lay down and rest.

They are loose in the new barn, but it's dirt and it's damp and they are going to get sick or something in there like that. Plus with all this mud they are going to end up with rain rot and bad feet, thrush or abcesses so I had to do something, even if it's wrong. I am expecting a shaving's truck later on today.
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to get it shoveled in there! I'm headed out now to get more work done. I got a big pitcher made of fresh ice tea, and got my Beach Boys CD's all ready for the duration. It's going to be a long hot sweaty day but it's going to be FUN! FUN! FUN!
488.gif
488.gif
488.gif

I'll be in my glory bathing today and watching them play in their new dry bedding and roll!:risa_suelos:

That is happiness!
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

What's your good news????????

There's alot of good news around. For me, I only have two more mares to foal and all horses are doing well.

We are also in our new house, everything is now hooked up, still alot to do but the worst is behind us. It's been a long haul.

We are also going with Jerry and Becky today, leaving about mid afternoon, they invited us to go on a 3 hour paddle boat crusie down the Mississippi, we've never done this before, I think Nate will enjoy standing up on deck watching the wildlife, the deer drinking, etc. I'm taking my camera. It's a paddle boat thats about half the size of the Mississippi Queen, can't remember the name of it but it'll be good just to get away for awhile.

It's also raining at the moment which the farmers really need badly, crops are just dieing off but the rain is supposed to quit shortly and I hope it does.

Hmmmm....I'm thinking, I'm thinking.... oh yeah, I got it...Hubby only hit snooze 5 times today instead of 6. I hate snooze!

Also my daughter, who is oh so cute, did horse chores with me this morning. She likes to give the horses treats. But she is funny, usually she calls them Yummies, but today she kept saying, "Here's your schmootzy wootzies".
biggrin.gif
Boy do my horses like her...

More good news, no rain but it is cool outside in the low 80's and someone near by is getting rain.

Well, having a hard time being positive Marty, but that isn't unusual. Have a better day everyone and Rabbit, hang in there!

Hey Marty

I got a little good news.. Our colt who has been so sick, is finally on the road to

recovery. After a month of Diarrhea, no more. He is finally getting well. YEAH!!

new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

We may have a buyer for our place. So I continue to pray it will happen. So we

can finally get moved. Hoping this time it works. If not I pray God will bring us

the right buyer and help us move.

I to am waiting on a mare to foal. We have been trying for a while to get her in foal, and she is. She does not want to get to far from the barn or her stall, so hoping this means she is close. She lays flat a lot, and I can see the baby. This

will be our last foal for the year. So praying for a SPOTTED HEALTHY FILLY.

We have decided to reduce our herd, praying it happens before we move. Would

make it so much easier on moving. Well off to do the barn chores and yard work.

Hope your barn dry's out fast. I have been there with flooded stalls and it is not fun.

Vicky

Some friends from near and far came over this past weekend, we grabbed up some minis and harnessed up, zoomed off on the trails...despite getting caught in a big storm and having to take refuge in a neighbors cow barn we had a great time. There is nothing more valuable than a friend, no time better spent!

[SIZE=14pt]Well Marty I must say I am just happy to be alive. And happy to have a roof over my head with enough to eat and clothes to cover my body and a sweet little 4 year old grandaughter here to spend the day...she is so much fun. Mary[[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom is slowly improving, and she and dad sign on their new house today and get to move in tomorrow. Mike's job is going great here in Texas, and I have an interview on Friday. My horses are happy and we're finally getting into a routine.

Did I mention how much I love having pastures?

randomfarmpics014.jpg

Plenty to be happy about here: I'm getting a new filly (I don't have pics to share yet but when I do I will be making an "announcement"
smile.gif
)

All of my horses are healthy and happy, as is my family. I get to fly out to California at the end of this month to go to a horse show, my horse is already there waiting for me. Get to see friends there and spend some quality horse-show time with them. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
biggrin.gif

We finally got new, good pictures taken of all our sales horses ... I don't like selling horses, but I really hope someone buys them!

We're getting ready for our next show this weekend ... that's always good news, plus there's a little different crowd at this show than the last one, so more visiting!

Our youngest baby is turning blue!!

fergie05fillyroan.jpg

I turned out Image, and I think he's enjoying hanging out with the other boys and showing off his clean white tail so much that he's not going to notice the trailer leavig for the show without him. Last time he threw such a fit ... and I feel so guilty, but he gets too sore from the trailer ride to go.

I'm closer to getting my first horse (the guy in my avatar)!! My parents are starting to budge, and starting to take this thing VERY seriously! My moms freind was joking with her and said, "I guess your new car will have to pull a horse trailer!" Then, my mom told my dad that and he said, "No Problem! My truck will be able to pull it!" I was soooo excited when I heard that! And then my dad got on the computer last night, and he saw my picture of willie (again same picture in my avatar) and said Willie sure is cute. So now,I am very bubbly. LOL

Here is some info on him...

His registered name is Little Americas Xenon Willido (which means he was bred by Tony!!!). Here is hisPedigree He is a gelding,black, 32.25", and is a "one" person horse. I trained him from being just halter broke (and biting) to winning 1st,2nd, and 3rd, in most classes! I have put hours and hours of work into him (6 months to a year!) Yes, I am darn proud of him
yes.gif
wub.gif

So wish me luck guys!!!

biggrin.gif

our cook in the coffee shop where I work, has just cooked my steaks for to-nights dinner so I don't have to bother !!!

and he's just made the yummest buns !!

yes.gif

Its going to be 107 today, but the good news is no humidity!!! Thats something to cheer about.

We have all of our hay for the next year
aktion033.gif

We are done foaling
aktion033.gif

All the bills are paid for this month, so life is good ha!

I get my filly in 10 days!! so happy, all our horses have up to date feet, shots, feed & are all so happy! i let midnight out yesterday in our arena & after rolling around, he ran around & around! jumping, bucking & whinning, he ever out rased Billy(a down right first!!
new_shocked.gif
) we are all just so happy, so i'm sending you half!
laugh.gif
i think your doning the right thing, i think your horses will be fine, but you have my prayers!

desiree

Husbands job is doing fantastically, and may get a substantial raise soon.

We just traded off a truck for a 2000 VW Beetle that is diesel and gets 46-49 miles/gal. So we'll be able to make Regionals in Reno and save a lot of money on fuel.

Syndi is doing unbelieveable with Phantom in the show ring, so much so that I can't believe he is my boy
biggrin.gif

We bought a beautiful house, had a very successful first foaling season, have two very anticipated breedings for 2006....oh yea AND THE BOSS IS GONE TILL AUGUST 1ST....WOOOO HOOOO
laugh.gif
aktion033.gif

New Filly, Gaia!!!
wub.gif

Got my BEAUTIFUL new cart last week from Silver Penney Farm.
new_multi.gif
And the wooden wheels for showing came yesterday!!! It is SOOOOOOOO pretty!!! Ally is doing terrific in her groundwork.

Mr. ClickMini took the week off and has put nice gravel footing covered with rubber mats into the big horses' run-in shed, and put a wall up on the front so they can escape the weather completely and no mud!!! Even in the deepest dark days of winter!!!

Just heard yesterday that they approved extending daylight savings time through November and starting it the beginning of March. More light in the evenings!!!
aktion033.gif

I just got off the phone with Diane from Mini Express and my new harness for Ally is on its way!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! She will be pulling that pretty cart before you know it! I am scheduled to audit an intro to CDE clinic with Tom Shives on the 30-31, and hope to have Ally ready to drive at the VSE CDE at Happs in September.

Tons of good stuff happening, including the gorgeous weather we are having, upper 70s, low 80s and sun, sun, sun. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray, I have 4-H States tomorrow! 3days. Friday is quiz and horse judging, Saturday fit and show and reinmanship, and Sunday is Driving Handiness and Pleasure Driving. FUN!

I want to play!!! It is has been BEAUTIFUL here in Washington....we have healthy, happy horses...just ask this 2 month old colt....my husband's pride and joy:

thunder17-20-05.jpg

We had a show a week and a half ago....our first and only show this year because I had to have surgery....the show was awesome....there were HUGE classes and our horses placed in all of their halter classes...so we were very pleased with them!

I've also been shopping for a new mare....well, I found one...well, actually 3
wink.gif
...of course they aren't anything like what I had anticipated finding when I set out on my little mission...but isn't that how it always works out!
biggrin.gif
As of now....I am officially getting Dusty Lane Commander Majorette from Jean_B....I'm SOOOO EXCITED!!!! I will be getting her the 1st of August....here is her Liz picture:

pudgert.jpg

The other 2 mares I haven't officially bought yet...so I'll announce them later.....but this is plenty of good news to keep us happy for now!!!

Tracy

Vet came out yesterday and palpated Poppy - she's confirmed in foal!!!
aktion033.gif

poppy2.jpg

Latest posts

Back