HAPPINESS is playing with Timmy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Jerry and I spent most of the weekend just playing with Timmy instead of doing chores. We ran out of material to work on the barn, but that was ok because Timmy "needed" us to play! After serving breakfast to the Prancers and after they were all turned out, we brought out our coffee and just sat and watched them all at play in their various fields. That was the most relaxing part of our day.

The most fun part was giving Timmy his sponge baths! Oh how he loves his little sponge baths. Jerry holds him and I just take a bucket of plain water and ring out a sponge and rub him all over for some heat relief and he thinks that is sooooo fun! Then we turn him loose and he runs! ZOOOOOOMMMM! What a fireball.

He also seems to be shedding hair on his face. I always thought that horses were going to be whatever color they were at birth, but I guess I can be wrong on that.
yes.gif
His face is black underneath the brown,
ohmy.gif
and down near his nostrils, from what I can see now is a white marking of some kind.
yes.gif
So far it looks like an upside down triange shape. Possibly a blaze is coming, not sure, but his daddy Nick does have a thickish white snip and part of a stripe there.
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
Hard to tell what it is, but there is a definate white marking now on his face.
aktion033.gif

On both sides of the top of his black tail, he has two white patches of tail hairs coming in. Is this the mark of a skunk?
wink.gif
He has a black area on his butt, that was there when he was born and also black "shoulder pads" that was there since he was born too. There is black hair under all his brown hair on his body. So I wonder what he's going to turn out to be. Gee whiz, just when I thought he was going to be a plain old BAY a color that I know what that is!
ohmy.gif
Could he be turning black? And it is definately black, not seal brown or dark brown.

We did get some fencing work in. Finally finished Nick's new field that I have been trying to get done for months. Just one more field to finish now. I have to get another roll of fencing and 20 more metal tee posts. And oh yea, make more picket gates.
yes.gif

A huge thank you to Judy from Zachary Farms for calling Jerry on the phone and giving him some directions on how to correctly trim his little feet and some links for pictures to look at. We did try and got some done, but not a lot because my rasp is HUGE so I have to get a smaller one on Monday, and then we are going to do it some more. It's all fun!

Here are some pictures that were taken today of Timmy wearing his halter like a big boy! We are making him wear it a little bit every day. I'm not really leading him on the rope at all, but just clipping it on there for now.
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

TimmySunday21.jpg

TimmySunday212.jpg

TimmySunday213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that looks like a great Sunday to me!

Timmy is adorable, can't tell he's spoiled at all
wink.gif

Lee

Gosh he's tiny! Guess he fits his name, eh???
laugh.gif

Frankly, Marty, you may not find out his exact coloring until NEXT year when he sheds out! Hasn't anyone told you that these little guys are like Christmas wrapping???? You don't know what they're going to "unwrap" every year??? (You should like that one!)

MA

NO you are absolutely right, I would never spoil a horse.

What a little sweetie.....
wub.gif
And BOY is he well loved!!!
yes.gif
yes.gif

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Very cute Marty- just don't tire yourself out and wash the house and paint the foal. Oh, and he's still Bay, by the way- that baby coat underneath is NO indication of his final colour. Blacks are born off- black, but not that "off"!!
smile.gif

Hey Marty,

I'm so glad to see that Jerry is remaining serious and totally unaffected by that darling little boy!

I tell you, this is what it's all about!

(Now I want to see photos of Dan and Michael being equally cool and detached!)

Marty,

Timmy is just adorable!! He looks like he is handling that halter without any fuss!

Sounds like Timmy is in pre-school already! Gosh, guess I had better get busy with little Justyn "can't let that Timmy get ahead of him" HA!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of that precious little boy!!!

Give Timmy an extra hug from me that is "if" he will stay still long enough!
wink.gif

Glad Timmy is feeling better! He is adorable!
wub.gif
Love your pictures.....thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

laugh.gif
wub.gif
He's so cute and tiny. Have fun with him. Yes they are like XMAS gifts. Bell was "blonde" when she was little and now she's a silverdapple that is turning a silver bay like her mom. Smarty was born black, turned brown and then when I clipped him this spring he was black with a gray bottom that has black and white spots on it and he's got white hairs all over his body.

christy
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

What a nice way to start Monday Morning - he is just adorable!
wub.gif

Oh Marty he is just adorable..and he looks sooooooo smart too.
laugh.gif
wub.gif
He is precious...and Jerry really does love him...he told me so.
wink.gif

Here is what I sent to Marty and Jerry...

Foal Podiatry

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is TRUE HAPPINESS!
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
I was really expecting to see a bow in HIS tail,
wink.gif
wub.gif
(since you cant use scrunchies just yet!
no.gif
) Corinne

Now that is TRUE HAPPINESS!
wub.gif
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
I was really expecting to see a bow in HIS tail,
wink.gif
wub.gif
(since you cant use scrunchies just yet!
no.gif
) Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]MArty he is still bay, bays typically have those white or silver hairs at the base of their tails.he wont suddenly grow a blaze, that just doesnt happen... he may have a snip that you missed before. He is tiny thats for sure! Glad you got Jerry hooked![/SIZE]

Lyn

Cute pictures Marty - He is so TINY!!!!
new_shocked.gif
wub.gif

Your going to have to wait with me to see what our boys turn into when they shed next spring.

And dont bother asking him - they never tell you
rolleyes.gif

I saw the most gorgeous bay at a show this weekend. I am including two pictures because in the indoor lighting he looks a little like a buckskin. That's the difference in lighting. He/She was one of the most elegant looking horses at the show. Of course I'm partial to solid bays. Take a look at my daughter's Anglo-Arab. NOt a white spot on him.

th__MG_1239.jpg

th__MG_1923resized.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

Latest posts

Back