Hanover Sanctioned Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
Congratulations to everyone involved with the Hanover Sanctioned Show. Looks and sounds like it was a Great SUCCESS.

I was away judging in Wisconsin (filling in for Ernie Lambdin ) so I was not there to see it, but the array of ribbons I saw when I got home tonight was really exciting.

Et had another Grand Champion Stallion and our new filly was Reserve grand Champion mare at 4 months of age -- so I think she is doing us proud. Many more too numerous to mention. It was a great show. !!

Looks like Joe & John showed their hearts out & I am so proud of them both (AND of the horses too of course LOL)

Congrats to all of the winners and participants -- hope to see it again next year.

Congratulations to everyone at the show. Sorry we missed the fun but Walt had to be at work Sunday evening. Talked to John and Joe last night and what a great show they had. Hard work pays off. ET should be close to getting his HOF this year .
default_yes.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheers.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations Amy, your horses looked great and both John and Joe did great showing them. I couldn't show because I hurt my back last week but Lori Rafter showed Jazz to Grand Champion Gelding and he won the obstacle class as well. She also showed Lilly for me and she won the solid colour class and got a 3rd and a 4th in the model and senior mare classes. It was nice for a change to watch the horses and not have to run around the ring
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Oh Yvonnes - sure hope your back is better. But, like you say , sometimes it is nice to be able to really watch your horses too.

I was glad to hear it was a good turn out so hopefully it will be there next year as well.

I had the privilege of judging the show, and it was not an easy job in many of the halter classes. The stallions and mares in the Over division, especially, are absolutely outstanding!! The "B"'s have always been my favourites, and I've had a couple of mares earn their halter HOF in the last few years (most recently, 2006), but the improvement in the quality of horses even since then has been "exponential" (as Pam so accurately said), and it thrills me more than I can say. What a brilliant future we have here in Ontario!!!!

Now, taking off my Judge hat and putting on my Friend hat, I have to say
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
OMG! WOW!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
about John and Amy's new filly that they just got from Frannie and Walt!! Amy, do you have a photo of her that you post here? What's her name and breeding exactly?

I have a virus on my computer, so I can read email but I won't reply to anyone at the moment. I did read your note the other day, Frannie. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Walt again somewhere sometime soon, I hope.

Yvonne, please let me know how you make out today with your testing. I hope your back is feeling better.

Thanks Judy-- I will do that later tonight - I am just getting ready to go to work so will attend to that tonight after I get home.

The filly's name is FILIPOWICZ THAT'S HIGH SOCIETY -- I will get her papers tonight & post her bloodlines -- she , of course is ASPC/AMHR> She's a doll for sure !! (Just like ET ) gotta love them . Finny is doing well also. We have had a good year. Disapppointed we are not doing Nationals this year , but just too much happend to make it happen. Maybe next year.

Congrats Everyone!!! We were there selling tack and the weather was great!!! Thank goodness NO rain!! Judy, I hope Bubbles got some well needed rest on the way home!!! LOL

It was a great show wasn't it?! Sheila and her crew put on a good one for us!!! So exciting to have another Ontario AMHR show to attend.

Your men did you proud Amelia and I am pleased to say that Mack and Dale and I did really well too! Jessie took Reserve Grand Junior Stallion and Dream went Reserve Grand Senior Mare. Beauty, the little mare of Nancy Shantz's that I show, made it into the Championship but didn't place. Sammy, Rebecca's little stallion, did very well in his class as did Ellie our 2 year old filly.

I had such fun showing Jazz for you Yvonne! He is quite the little horse and pretty much shows himself as that was the first time I laid hands on him (at least in the show ring
default_biggrin.png
I will take responsibility for his pretty feet!) With about 10 minutes more work I think I could get him doing that 2 part hula hoop for you. We won't discuss the hunter class where I led him astray
default_wacko.png
Lilly is a sweetheart of a mare and showed well for me too although she kept asking where her mama was. Hope you are well again really soon and get back out there!

I have to say that I am actually glad you won't be going to Nationals Amy - hoping that leaves you available to judge for another favorite show of mine - the Binbrook Fair. Rick left it rather late and phoned me in a panic last night wondering if I knew of anyone that would be free to judge on September 13th. As Judy gave us her services last year you were the first to come to mind. I will be missing it as I am going to the National show
default_no.gif

Congratulations Lori. Wishing you and your sister the best at Nationals . Have a safe trip . If you need a resting stop on the way or back from Nationals you are welcome to stay the night with your horses at our farm.

Oh that is sweet of you Fran! And I may stop by for a little visit if we have time - I would love to see you and your horses. I am not taking the sister with me this time though - going off with Des and Joe instead
default_biggrin.png
You are so close to home I may not make it this trip but would love to stop down for a visit on another occasion, that wouldn't be so rushed, if you would have me.

The filly's name is FILIPOWICZ THAT'S HIGH SOCIETY -- I will get her papers tonight & post her bloodlines -- she , of course is ASPC/AMHR> She's a doll for sure !!
Here are her Sire & Dam

Filipowicz's THAT'S ALL FOULKS (HOF)
AMHR/ASPC
TAF111.jpg

[SIZE=14pt] D&S Grace Kelly[/SIZE]
[SIZE=18pt]ASPC/AMHR[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]Foaled 5-9-04[/SIZE]
Grace1.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]We have put them together again this year. [/SIZE]

It was a great show wasn't it?! Sheila and her crew put on a good one for us!!! So exciting to have another Ontario AMHR show to attend.

Your men did you proud Amelia and I am pleased to say that Mack and Dale and I did really well too! Jessie took Reserve Grand Junior Stallion and Dream went Reserve Grand Senior Mare. Beauty, the little mare of Nancy Shantz's that I show, made it into the Championship but didn't place. Sammy, Rebecca's little stallion, did very well in his class as did Ellie our 2 year old filly.

I had such fun showing Jazz for you Yvonne! He is quite the little horse and pretty much shows himself as that was the first time I laid hands on him (at least in the show ring
default_biggrin.png
I will take responsibility for his pretty feet!) With about 10 minutes more work I think I could get him doing that 2 part hula hoop for you. We won't discuss the hunter class where I led him astray
default_wacko.png
Lilly is a sweetheart of a mare and showed well for me too although she kept asking where her mama was. Hope you are well again really soon and get back out there!

Thanks again Lori, you did a great job with both of them and I really appreciated you stepping in at the last minute, I would have had to scratch them and that would have been a shame.

Yvonne

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Here is FILIPOWICZ THAT'S HIGH SOCIETY.

Deb's sire is FILIPOWICZ THAT'S ALL FOULKS -- (he is 1/2 brother to our black & white ET) His sire is GRAHAM'S CLASSIC ENTERTAINER (owned by Arlene Foulk) goes back to KEWPIES' CLASSIC MUCHO OF ARENOSA

Her dam is D&S GRACE KELLY -Her sire is AUSTIN CITY LIMITS & her dam is D & S SPRING TIME

I believe the D&S line is Seth Thomas blood lines. Walt & Fran told me something about Austin City Limits too , but I don't remember-- perhaps if they see this post they can tell us in more detail about her background. ET & Taf (deb's sire) are off the Graham line-- they are 1/2 brothers .

Anyway - she is gorgeous, and everyone seems to like her. Thanks for the kind words Judy -- I think this is the information you were asking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Amelia could not remember about D&S Grace Kelly Sire Austin City Limits in his background is Wink's Showdeo Kid 11 awell known pony.

Hey Lori- congrats - John told me that he thought you also had a really good day. Seems everyone did very well.

I hadn't heard you were going to make it to Nationasl this year- good for you. Are you taking a horse as well or just going along to help Desiree??

I am wishing I had pushed myself a little harder to get it all done but after our accident I was kinda out of energy -- maybe next year !! We will have to see. Getting older here at the farm & Joe will be going into Grade 12 next year , so may not be able to take the time off school for Nationals , so will have to see what the year brings I guess. Good luck to you both.

This was our first sanctionned show (we've been doing the local fairs for the past couple of years) and we had an absolute blast!!
default_risa8.gif
The main purpose for going was to get our stallion measured "professionally" to see how far off we were in our measuring. We took along a couple of other mares to show as well. We were in eight classes and ribboned in all-the biggest surprise was my 2 year old winning her class!!
default_wub.png

We all had a great day and are hoping now that we've gotten our feet wet we'll try some of the other "big" shows next year!
default_biggrin.png

Oh -- the other special thing I forgot to mention was that our very own AJ MURRAY'S ENTERTAINS PRETTY WOMEN (sired by ET) was the Reserve Junior CHampion stallion.

Now -- HOW , could I have forgotten to mention that ?? That was exciting I tell you. THis is ET's very first foal crop so I was estatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back