HANDMADE STALL SIGNS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Critterhugger

Reaction score
Would like to see examples of what you have made for your horse's stall signs.
smile.gif

Here's one of mine. I went to Michael's craft store and got some cut out wooden letters and a little slate chalk board. Trig's is green.

I glued the letters on askew because I can't line things up anyway
rolleyes.gif
a little acrylic paint and voila, horsie name sign
biggrin.gif
The chalk board it easier to remember when the last trim and de worming was although sometimes they lick it and I lose the info.

blusign.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a picture of one of my stall signs. With pictures on them whenever feeds for us they know exactly which horse is which.

Stallsign.jpg

Triggy&Blue&Daisy Too said:
Here's one of mine.  I went to Michael's craft store and got some cut out wooden letters and a little slate chalk board.  Trig's is green. 
I glued the letters on askew because I can't line things up anyway
rolleyes.gif
a little acrylic paint and voila, horsie name sign
biggrin.gif
  The chalk board it easier to remember when the last trim and de worming was although sometimes they lick it and I lose the info.

blusign.jpg

462838[/snapback]

Actually I hate to tell you this... but that isn't blue... it's red
rolleyes.gif

Just kidding it looks great
smile.gif

Stephanie that looks really nice too...

barn013.jpg

cutout by hand with a hacksaw in metal during the long boring winters.

stallsigns.jpg

These are wood plaques/signs that I either bought unfinished or took off the original message, then laminated (w/various types of sealer) paper to the sign itself, adding an inset w/ the horse's name made on my printer. I added the sire and dam to them, also.

The ones on the right have neat raised patterns on them (almost look like metal). I like that effect and will be experimenting w/new ones when I have time.

I tried sealing them over the top, but what I was using was not water proof and it gets sort of cloudy in very wet conditions, which I try to avoid at shows, but happens!

The smaller ones on the right I made for horses I no longer own. I will probably get them damp and then peel off the paper and start over w/names of horses I will be showing next year. S/B fun.

I hang them with lengths of chain or tiny bungee cords.

I used to make them w/hooks along the bottom for hanging ribbons.

The other ones also had a handpainted image of the horse as a secondary plaque w/the name plaque hanging below.

These ones are pretty easy to do and customize.

Liz M.

Last edited by a moderator:
here are a couple of mine..they are fairly large the name tile is 12 inches...they seem to be holding up very well....my shoer laughed and said my stalle looked like the seven dwarves house with names...hee hee

levistallplate.jpg

baybstallplate.jpg

Neat ideas everyone! I especially like the board idea. Would be nice to have a place to write something like instructions if I have to go on vacation. I'm trying to come up with something that has the horses name, and possibly even a photo of the horse.

Latest posts

Back