HALLELUJAH!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Songcatcher

Reaction score
Valliant, OK 74764 near Texas and Arkansas
FINALLY it is raining here in southeast Oklahoma, and a good one! It has rained most of the night and is still at it. Not a heavy rain, just slow and steady. We needed it BAD! It has rained to the North of us and to the South of us and missed our area. It has rained to the East of us and to the West of us and missed our area.

We usually get a pretty good rain somewhere between the 1st and 10th of July, but it got so dry so early this year that I was getting really worried. This ought to revive our pastures for a while.

Praise the Lord!
aktion033.gif
worshippy.gif
488.gif
538.gif
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

That's wonderful, but don't use it ALL up, OK? Send a little bit just to the south of you--they say we're about 5 inches behind right now, and our pastures sure could use a drink, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!

It is raining here too again this morning. I spent most of yesterday cleaning up the mess from the storm. The inside of the barn is almost as muddy as everything else. Be thankful that the storm from night before last missed you. I know we need the rain but we could sure use a few days to get the barn dried out. At least this time it is slow and steady rain, maybe this will soak in instead of all of it running off.

Hope you had a wonderful 4th.

Mary

I'm in VA......about 50 miles inland from coast and 10-15 miles above NC line. We had gone over 3 weeks here with no rains and my pastures were really in trouble! I pulled the horses off to preserve the root systems -- so, there's a summer hay bill gone awry -- but, we finally got rain last week. WHEW! Then, a couple smaller showers and looks like another on the way.
aktion033.gif

I had tried most all solutions, you know -- spray weed killer that needed 24 hrs of dry, left hay outside on a trailer, windows down in the Jeep, all the normal things that bring rain
laugh.gif

FINALLY, I was blessed!

You can have all our rain! We need sun and heat to get the hay off. Haven't even done first cut because of all the rain we have had. It is a bit soggy here. But it looks sunny today at least for awhile.

Please send some my way!! We have had very little rain in the last 3 weeks. The pastures are parched and I am also going to be buying hay for the summer. I have almost enough put up for the winter but don't want to touch that. I will just buy a few bales at the feedstore while it is not expensive and that hopefully will tide us over through the dry spell.

We're in SW Oklahoma, but haven't gotten much rain lately--that changed this morning!
aktion033.gif

Dr. Pam said:
That's wonderful, but don't use it ALL up, OK?  Send a little bit just to the south of you--they say we're about 5 inches behind right now, and our pastures sure could use a drink, too.
417400[/snapback]

Amen to that! We haven't had rain in ages............ Its starting to get very annoying (er, wait it started getting annoying a week ago)
rolleyes.gif

ME TOO!! ME TOO! It rained here too Freeland! We have been SO dry! Since March........something like 1/10 of an inch. Even other parts of OkC would get rain, but not us. You could watch it on radar......the rain would split and go around us or just dissapate.
sad.gif
Like we had an umbrella over our farm
sad.gif

Boy this was nice! and it is cooler too
yes.gif

Lets keep some prayers going for more rain off and on for the rest of the summer. Nice EASY rains Mary
yes.gif

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back