hair extensions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genie

Reaction score
Can extensions be legally used on manes and tails for showing?

We have a horse who wore the centre section of her mane off reaching thru fences and thru the winter it does not seem like it will have grown in to cover the short section.

might want to try rose oil it is working on a stallion of mine that the last trainer or so called trainer had that about cut it all off doing his v before I got him in sept

THank you for the info on "rose oil". I don't recall ever seeing rose oil in any tack stores but would not have been looking for it either
default_laugh.png

No mane extensions may be used at all, only "false tails" can be used in Park harness classes.

You could also try MTG for growing out the rubbed off part.

contact josh tibbs in SD he sells it. I will look and get his info and send it to you

might want to try rose oil it is working on a stallion of mine that the last trainer or so called trainer had that about cut it all off doing his v before I got him in sept
ROSE OIL WORKS GREAT..I THOUGHT D. CLIPPED HIM AT THE NATIONALS?

Ill have to try the rose oil, I use it on the body for shine and conditioning, but didnt know it would help with regrowth. I have a horse I bought over the summer whos old owner gave him a HUGE bridle path (2/3 of his mane) and I would like to show him with more mane. Same deal with his forelock, it was about as thick as a pencil, much much thinner than I prefer.

ROSE OIL WORKS GREAT..I THOUGHT D. CLIPPED HIM AT THE NATIONALS?

[/q

who had him at there place . The person that clipped him at nationals knows what she is doing.. Lets dont go there Jean.. Trust me

Yes you have gotten some good advice, but, from my experience the judges won't mark you down. My daughter has a mare that rubbed off a big chunk of mane, had a bald area about three inches long. We only got it to grow back about two inches total before show season, we just combed the front back and used lots of oil and the mare was Champion mare at her first show.

THanks everyone. I might be able to comb it over a bit. I will definitely look for Rose Oil as it sounds like a good product to have on hand.

ROSE OIL IS REALLY GOOD FOR THAT BUT I ALSO INCREASE THE PROTEIN IN THEIR FEED.

OH AND DIANNE THIS FORUM IS FOR VALUABLE INFORMATION NOT SLAMMEN TRAINERS. THAT IS REALLY TACKY..

Jean I am not slamming no one. What I am saying she the trainer that had should of known what to do. I bet this is not the first time she or you have heard this

Back