Haflinger Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Okay ..Mt. Hope horse auction this saturday and we just got a open stall a couple weeks ago due to the passing of my dear Frosty. We then got a AHA registered arabian 'shaks sammy lee' about a week ago. Im looking to get a Halfinger pony and im really interested. I want to do driving with him and get him ready for the fair since i got the feel of it and am dieing to show agian. He doesnt need to be registered.

Here is what im looking for

1) Already trained to drive farely well

2) Gelding or Mare ..no stallion due to Gelding price has gone up around here

3) Looks pretty good and healthy.

So here is my questions ..is a Halfinger pony a draft pony? I want to show him in single draft pony hitch and buggy obsticle at the fair next summer. Can anyone help ..i've looked all over the net and i cant find where it says if its a draft pony ..just pony. But i could swear that there a draft pony and there always in the barn section w/ draft horses and ponys.
smile.gif

Yes they are a draft pony.Good luck getting one!!I also like the Haflingers.
biggrin.gif

I have worked with a number of Halfingers and even leased one. Haflingers are GREAT. They make awesome driving horses. Halfingers are really strong too and don't have much problem carrying a full size rider. Haflingers have been really underrated as riding horses, they have a knack for dressage and some of them even like to jump and do western. They can be quite lazy, but they are gentle, quiet and eager to please, at least the ones I have worked with!

Shaks is just a baby, whatcha plannin on doing with him? Bet he is a cutie pie too. You sure have a menagerie, Mini, Arab, Donk, Fresian , think a QH too? and want a Haflinger too bet thats a site all of them in the pasture. Do they all get along? post some pics! Havent seen one of your Fresian yet.

i have pics of my fres. There not on my digital cameria anymore though. I will get some and post soon. He is a cutie. We have about 4 total barns ..all our mini's are in our pony barn which use to be our garage. Dads always building stalls and horses are what i love. Dad gets that so we have so many horses.

Mini donkey isnt mine and i have nothing at all to do w/ it ..i think its in my sister's barn bc i have not seen it lately in dads barn.

The 2 mini's, fresian and Arab are mine. Dad got the QH which stays in my barn and since i ride him & play with him he is somewhat mine. Halfinger would be mine as well. My sister hates my horses and she doesnt really come in my barn bc she is horse-racist. She only likes donkeys and mules. She doenst like horses ..so i dont know. I guess its a personal choice.

Plus i have a couple guys that help out at dad&bill(my big bro)'s stable. They have 4-6 race horses usually and since im friends w/ the people that help out there they usually take care of mine if im sick or really busy w/ school and homework.

2 mini's, a fresian and a arab are not to hard to take care of ..so a halfinger should just add to the fun. Im addicted to showing ..what can i say. Also i now i have time to train since i've got allot more time since i get out of school at 2pm now.

Latest posts

Back