guidelines to your obstacle classes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AS IF BY MAGIC

Reaction score
CURRENTLY, IN IRELAND, WE ONLY DO SHOWING IN HAND CLASSES. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME GUIDELINES ON HOW YOUR JUMPING CLASSES ARE RUN. IS IT JUDGED BY TIME / FAULTS TIME AND FAULTS? WE HAVE A SHOW INTERESTING IN LETTING US ORGANISE A JUMPING CLASS FOR NEXT YEAR. WHAT ABOUT HEIGHTS OF THE JUMPS?

THANKS

LIL X

The answer is yes.

Hunter is not judged by either time or faults. It's a single pass over relatively low jumps (max 24", minimum of 6 jumps max of 8). The horse is scored on consistancy of pace and smoothness in the jump.

Jumper, depends on the registry. In AMHA it is strictly faults. Keep raising the bar (start at 28" and go up to 42". minimum of 6 jumps max of 8) until you have a winner. In AMHR (correct me if I'm wrong) is judged by faults in the first round and faults and time in the subsequent round.

smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lil, I love the picture in your avatar!! More, more!

http://www.shetlandminiature.com/downloads...E_BOOK_2005.pdf

If you go to page 256, you will find the rules for Hunters and Jumpers in AMHR. I know AMHA Jumpers is decided by height in the jump offs. not speed like AMHR. This will at least get you started--please let me know if this is clear as mud and you need more information! Good luck--this is our kids--and horses--favorite class!

Hi there,

You could also try checking out the New Zealand rules, at www.nzmha.co.nz.

Click on the Members tab, and you'll find all the relevant info there, under Show Rules.

Our rules detail all the obstacles allowed to be used, and their dimensions.

Cheers,

Brigid

thank you all for your replies - I'll get reading !!

Yep sounds to be like a class for the kids !

Thanks for your help once again.

Lil x

Latest posts

Back