Guess it's my turn.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
My husband has been having abdominal pain for awhile and I have been pushing him to go to Drs but being typical male
default_wacko.png
....... you know how that goes......

So Monday I got him in the car and took him to Drs. office and used all my ahem..powers (okay I begged) them to get him in.

Nurse actually came out to car and took pulse and listened to heart said come inside and Dr actually came in and examined him and said i am putting you in hospital and of course Larry is saying not and then Dr says i am also sending for the ambulance.

Well Larry gets all huffy and says no and I say oh he will go and they both look at me and I say to Larry, your going because I'm not taking you back home with me!!!!

They felt he was having a heart attack he spent the last few days in ICU on morphine and having a lot of pain.

They have pretty much ruled out a heart problem (thank you God).

Checking out gall bladder, pulled muscles and acid reflux.

Sent him home on pain pills and will go back Friday for stress test and hopefully results of all the tests they ran.

Right now he is a pretty mellow puppy and just says okay lets find out what it is and get it fixed so I can go back to work!

Having a workaholic down is not fun.......
default_no.gif

If I had not read the post on here about not taking an ambulance to hospital I might have given in and drove him myself but after reading that post I said no way!

Another way this Forum has helped so many people!

Hugs

Bonnie

OH my Bonnie. I just logged on and read this. I'm so close you guys should come up here with us and relax. I'm at Moose Hillock!

I'm thinking of you and Larry!!

Bonnie and Larry,

I hope you both know from the bottom of my heart, I am praying everything will be just fine. Just remember, sometimes good things do happen to good people.

Karen

Wow Bon, we will sure pray for you and Larry.

Lyn

Thank you all!

We are home and still don't know what is wrong. They have pretty much ruled out heart.

The pain is really bad when it hits, they have him on heavy duty meds and it is very frustrating to spend 3 days in ICU in a hospital and still not know what is wrong???We are waiting for results of all the tests.

I guess I need patience.

Karen wish I could see you but I can't leave him right now and school starts Monday. Hope your having fun!
default_saludando.gif

Hugs

Bonnie

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way Bonnie for you and Larry.

Bonnie, I sure am hoping they will be able to find out exactly what is causing your husband's pain so they can fix whatever it is! Seems it's always worse not knowing! Sending prayers!
default_pray.gif

Bonnie and Larry, Hope things are ok and that they find an answer for you soon, and you were definitely right to not bring him home. It is so scary not knowing an answer though!

Where is the pain? How's his BP? (and no, not beet pulp either, lol) Any other symptoms?

Bonnie,

I am very glad it isn't his heart even though it is frustrating not to have an answer right now. I am also glad you stopped to think that it MAY be his heart and acted with reasonable caution. Hope he feels better soon.

Kathi

Hope you find out soon what it is. Right side, I would think gall bladder. Left side, I would say pancreatitis. That can act like a heart attack.

Men in general are lousy patients LOL (I have one too). I'm glad you convinced him (whatever it took
default_smile.png
) to go in. It's difficult knowing something is wrong and not knowing what it is! Hope the problem is found and fixed soon, and your workaholic is up and going again.

Jan

No problem Bonnie. If you need any help/support call Moose Hillock and they will get a message to me. Lizzie and I will be there in 2 shakes of a lamb's tail.

I hope you get answers today for Larry.

They have picked up an extra heartbeat?? That can't be bad? He had a stress test today no results yet but he said he had no trouble. They did pick up gall stones but are not sure that would cause the really bad pain he is having.

Although I know when I had mine it was pretty darn bad. However that was 35 years ago.

It is extremely frustrating to have things move so slowly but this is country medicine I guess.

Test, then you wait for days for results and in the mean time jobs are at stake.

GRRRR...

Waiting very.............patiently.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

I have you and Larry in my prayer's. Please keep us updated.

When I was reading about Larry- I thought I was reading about my Lonnie - Workaholics and stubborn men are hard to live with - I KNOW -LOL. When they are sick OMG - we need patience don't we..lol.

I sure hope you guy's find out what is wrong soon.

I feel very lucky to have a great guy,one of the old fashioned ones.

Doesn't drink smoke and wouldn't think of swearing in front of a woman. Works all hours and hands me his paycheck at the end of the week.

After 43 years we still hold hands when we go out into the world,and we know when everything is said and done we are all we have.

So it's kind of important we take care of each other
default_wub.png

I am beginning to feel my bit^h mode kicking in, I am about sick of seeing him not well and starting to feel like we might need to go to more knowledgable medical facilities????

As we found out with Linda Best you have to be on your toes with todays health care.

We are lucky we have insurance .

I will keep you appraised of the situation.

Hugs

Bonnie

I am sending prayers your way. I hope they find out what Larry's trouble is and he is up and back on schedule soon. I also live with a work-a-holic and it is hard when they are down.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonnie, Sorry to hear about Larry. He's a tough one to keep down. I know that he thinks the world of you and you him. I saw it way back when he picked you up at the airport when we took are little trip together. I'm sure he really missed you that week. Hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do from her or if you need me to come, I'll be there.

Love yaand saying a little prayer for both you and Larry for his health to recover quickly.

Latest posts

Back