GSD puppies on the way

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanH

Reaction score
I had Ilse x-ray'd today to see how many little ones were on the way. There are 9 confirmed! I kept telling Scott that I think there must be 2 dozen in there because she has gotten so large. Due date for their arrival is October 3rd. Ilse is my Rin Tin Tin great granddaughter and is a Best of Show winner. There will be white, silver sable and black/silver, black/cream puppies in this litter. There could be some long coated puppies, too. I was hoping for a small litter since it is her first, but as long as they arrive healthy and Ilse is OK, it really doesn't matter.

Here's mom:

ilse_free.jpg

Here's dad:

max_aug1.jpg

Jean

Aww.. I can't wait to see the babies! Wasn't this the dog that isn't registerable for some strange reason? Good luck with the babies!

I can't wait to see photos of her babies when there born. Congrats on the 9 babies. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Ilse DID have AKC papers until a certain breeder protested that her grandmother should have been limited registration but was given full registration by AKC. AKC revoked her papers on August 11. I had received a letter regarding the inquiry last December saying that her registration (along with over a hundred other dogs with the same dog in their pedigree) was under review. Then in January 2006, I received another letter from AKC saying that the inquiry was closed - no further action to be taken. So, I got Ilse's OFA certifications and bred her on her next heat based on that letter. I got another letter from AKC August 18th saying that her papers had been revoked. I sent the following letter to AKC:

"I am extremely concerned that AKC would state in writing that no further action would be taken on the initial inquiry and then reverse their decision months later without any explanation as to why their original finding was reversed and without any further notification that a new inquiry had been opened and acted upon until receiving the letter dated August 11, 2006.

I have based my personal actions in recent months for the dog referenced above on the second letter that stated her registration was valid and no further action was to be taken on the inquiry. I received OFA certifications (Good Hips GS-74459G24F-PI/Normal Elbows GS-EL19317F24-PI) when she became 24 months of age, and the dog is now pregnant with her first litter of puppies due October 3, 2006. I have also spent significant funds on showing this dog to increase the value of her future litters.

This is a issue of accountability, and the basic principle of due process and fairness."

AKC's response:

"When this case was considered in early 2006, staff applied a hardship policy that was not applicable to the case. Due to a compaint from the breeder, the matter was reviewed by senior management and the Board of Directors. The rule applying to limited registration does not allow for any hardship policy - the offspring of a dog with limited registration (the grand dam of your dog in this case) are not eligible for registration. Therefore, AKC canceled the registration of your dog."

This is not a closed issue with AKC as far as I'm concerned.

Jean

NINE in there?? WOW gonna be a lot of pittering and pattering around your house soon! Congrats, give Ilse a little hug, can't wait to see baby pics! Sure hope you all get some staisfaction from AKC over that whole disaster..sure doesn't seem fair!!!!!!!!!

I love GSD's. I think I would find the "other" owners that had their dogs registration lifted and file suit against the breeder for taking so long to file a complaint. You might be able to convince her to allow the granddam of your dog to have full registration.

Where would the long coats be coming from? Isn't that still a disqualification?

Robin

In the AKC conformation show ring, a long coat is considered a fault - not disqualification. However, long coated dogs are still registerable in AKC. White German Shepherds are registerable with AKC, but white is a disqualification in the AKC conformation show ring. Both can be shown in AKC performance events such as agility and obedience without fault or disqualification.

There is a group of us working together to resolve this. There is a breeder in Arizona that has had 4 litters from this line since January based on the 2nd letter. She has contracts for over $100,000 in puppies that she will have to replace/refund. This action is going to throw her into banruptcy to cover the full privledge registration contracts on puppies she has sold.

Jean

Last edited by a moderator:
In the AKC conformation show ring, a long coat is considered a fault - not disqualification. However, long coated dogs are still registerable in AKC. White German Shepherds are registerable with AKC, but white is a disqualification in the AKC conformation show ring. Both can be shown in AKC performance events such as agility and obedience without fault or disqualification.

There is a group of us working together to resolve this. There is a breeder in Arizona that has had 4 litters from this line since January based on the 2nd letter. She has contracts for over $100,000 in puppies that she will have to replace/refund. This action is going to throw her into banruptcy to cover the full privledge registration contracts on puppies she has sold.

Jean

I just wanted to wish you luck with all of that.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back