Ground driving DD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job! Looks like a beautiful day. Was DD broke to drive previously and you're just getting her back into it? I can't wait for the ground to dry up a bit more up here and take my littles out in the carts. We've got 3 littles and only 2 carts, one of which is currently pulled apart to get the seat redone. I really think I need to purchase a third though. Options are slightly more limited up here in Canada though, and I believe more costly.

Glad you had so much fun! <3

I don’t know why it has taken so long to do this, but the ice has been broken now! ;) Reading your drive days and adventures has been inspiring, and I thank you. 🤗

Thank you, Standards Equine, and yes, DD is trained to drive. She had 60 days with a professional trainer back around 2011 as driving was new to me and our granddaughters also wanted to drive in shows. The trainer did a wonderful job and DD has been a happy confident mini.

Wet ground has been a problem here too, but today was perfect. More rain the next few days!

Are you redoing your cart seat yourself? What color are you going for? Prices are challenging all over aren’t they? I’m grateful I held onto my easy entry cart and harness!

Cayuse, I’ve thought the same whenever seeing your Cappy in a thread. 😊 I love all colors in horses but have a real soft spot for bay.

I don’t know why it has taken so long to do this, but the ice has been broken now! ;) Reading your drive days and adventures has been inspiring, and I thank you. 🤗

Thank you, Standards Equine, and yes, DD is trained to drive. She had 60 days with a professional trainer back around 2011 as driving was new to me and our granddaughters also wanted to drive in shows. The trainer did a wonderful job and DD has been a happy confident mini.

Wet ground has been a problem here too, but today was perfect. More rain the next few days!

Are you redoing your cart seat yourself? What color are you going for? Prices are challenging all over aren’t they? I’m grateful I held onto my easy entry cart and harness!

Cayuse, I’ve thought the same whenever seeing your Cappy in a thread. 😊 I love all colors in horses but have a real soft spot for bay.

Rain? We're still getting spring SNOW!! Canada's it's own special weather... we can get snow right through most of May, but it doesn't stay anymore.
And yes, we're getting some marine vinyl, cutting some plywood and working out new seat and back rest for the cart ourselves. We'll stay with classic black for it, although it's temping to add some dark purple to it - my daughter and her mini mare's colour is purple. For me, yellow, but that's just too much for a cart, in my opinion, for me.

Stay safe, enjoy your adventures and please keep sharing!! <3

I love yellow Standard Equine! I’m considering a purchase of yellow fleece pads for DD’s breastplate and saddle pad. 😂 If it happens will take her photo.;)

Snow?! No more whining from me about the rain, you folks are a hardy breed up there!

Thank you and I will definitely share. Sunday looks dry!

Latest posts

Back