Gripe of the week: U P S & my vaccine delivery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Last week I ordered my vaccines and some other things from Jeffers with the ice packs and cooler and I was told they would arrive here on Friday. They did not. By Monday morning I had a fit and called Jeffers to find out where my vaccines were and to check and see if they would still be usable when they showed up. Jeffers tracked them and UPS told a fib and said that they were in fact delivered and left on my front porch. They were not on my porch. USP lied. They never delivered them at all. Jeffers was very nice about it and re-ordered the vaccines for me and said the new ones would be here on Wednesday. (yesterday).

Monday evening at 5:00 here comes my vaccines. The first order that was supposedly left on my porch last Friday. I asked the driver why he didn't bring them on Friday. He said that some times the guys like to get off early and go home. Then he said that sometimes the guys just like to wait for more packages for an area such as mine so they would not have to go out of their way just to deliver only one package to someone. :new_shocked: :new_shocked: :new_shocked: Wonderful. So my vaccines were on board the truck that just sat in some delivery man's driveway all weekend long and went bad. I refused the vaccines and told him I did not want them now, and to return them to the company. The new ones were on the way.

Wednesday rolled around and I sat waiting all day long for my new vaccines to arrive. They did not show up again. So early this morning I called Jeffers yet again and let them know. They tracked the package and son of a gun, this time UPS liked once more. They said that they did come here at 6:15 and made an attempt to deliver but no one was home. LIARS! I was home all day, the boys were here and even Jerry made it in early. No one can come here past my dogs without me knowing it. There was no UPS delivery made. They also did not leave an "attempt to deliver notice."

Now I"m fuming so I called UPS to report these goings on. They said that they will have a supervisor call me within the hour and try to figure out what is going on around here, so I am waiting to see what they have to say about it.

I know that from past experience, our former local UPS guy used to deliver to our store in town, come on in and sit down and yak for a good hour or so and he did this type of visiting around town quite often.

I am assuming that UPS will bring my 2nd order up here tonite and that is when I will again return them as per Jeffers request. They do not guarantee the vaccines to be ok for this amount of time even packed in their coolers with extra ice.

I'd also like to say that Jeffers Equine has been wonderful during this. They are now shipping the vaccines out to me AGAIN at their expense using Fed Ex. It is certainly not fair that Jeffers has to "eat this" and I did offer to pay for the third shipment but they said it was not necessary.

I'll be very happy to see Fed Ex show up tomorrow.

But just wait till the UPS guy shows up.
default_torch.gif
:

As the saying goes: "When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"

GEEZ Marty, I don't blame you for being ticked! That is awful! You make darn sure you tell the UPS supervisor that you speak to, that their emplyess fiddling around could cause several deaths!!!! Not everyone is like you, and would be aware of things that way. Maybe they just thought they weren't shipped on time, and gave the shots when they did arrive, and could have resulted in dead horses!! IDIOTS!!! You go girl!! :aktion033:

I'm sorry you had problems!

I have ordered vaccines from Jeffers for years, and 2x a year and never had a problem.

I am not surprised! I don't like UPS, they are more spendy, slower and not as careful.

I bought 2 gorgeous antique type, Unique, ceramic rearing horse statues about 2.5 ft. tall via e-bay and paid for Ins. etc. They came smashed all up! :no: I took pics, I sent to seller, and he called and I called and always got the run around. I was totally lied to. I was told the sender has to call, I was told there is a check on it's way, then an hour later I call and they say they don't even have a claim for me, just a big runaround and lies, and I NEVER got reimbursed! Then I had two more items delivered right after, they were lava lamps for my boys, that sat in their trucks overnight in the cold weather and froze and the glass broke. Luckily the seller just refunded on those. I prefer to use USPS Priority if possible as they are cheaper and faster and more careful. Usually in 2 days, and never had anything broke or any problems.

I just recently saw a news episode where they did a test on the delivery companies and sent the same package using USPS Mail, UPS, Fed. Express, and DHL (I think that is it, they are the yellow trucks)

The most expensive and very slowest was UPS! No surprise here! The very cheapest AND the fastest was DHL, and 2nd cheapest AND fastest was USPS and then Fed. Express was 3rd before UPS.

Then they had a customer that had received damaged goods, after a very long wait, and was trying to get their insurance claim settled, with NO results for a year, Finally AFTER the news contacts UPS, settle with this customer! Sounds like they had not been paying on ANY claims and tried to refute everything, until it went away! Pretty cruddy!!!
default_thumbdown.gif
:

If I have a choice, I will always prefer to use someone else besides UPS.

Yes Jill be aware that this is in no fault of Jeffers Equine. They are going out of their way to help. I would recommed them to anyone for helping me get through this.

I just heard from the UPS Supervisor in Chattanooga. She said the problem is that our regular driver for this area has quit and they are training a new man. He's slow and doesn't know this area. I do understand that. There are no street signs up here and few in the county. They are going to speak to him about why he has lied on his reports to Jeffers saying the vaccines have arrived twice when they did not, and then they will deal with him.

Also now I have a sick horse on my hands. In that order I also had a bottle of penicilin because one of my horses had developed a very slight cough which I was watching, so I ordered a bottle just in case to keep on hand if needed. If it persisted, I was going to start her on some. The cough did get worse yestarday and now she has a snot nose so you can just imagine how ticked off I am that I didn't have anything on hand for her to get her started over the weekend but some SMZ tabs. If I had known this was the case, I would have surely stopped by the local vet and bought some rather than to have waited like this.

This is going to be one of those weeks. aukkkkkk

Latest posts

Back