gremlin bells on your driving cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
Just curious. How many folks are believers in gremlin bells? the woman who gave me my driving boy gave me a gremlin bell. She said it must be a gift to work at keeping gremlins away from your horse when driving. I hang it under my cart. Mine is a cat, she said since Ike was attacked by dogs once in his life that he needed a "gremlin bell". I am superstitious and so of course she made me a believer in gremlin bells. Just wondering if there is anybody else out there driving that puts gremlin bells on their cart for keeping the gremlins at bay. lol. just a funny string... It is said that the gremlins climb up inside the bell and get confused and they stay away from messing up your horse cart and harness.

ps, I throw salt over my shoulder when I spill it and don't walk under ladders... haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one for my Country Road cart. Really need to get one for my Hyperbike. ;)

I have one. My husband rides a mototcycle and it is traditional with them. So he got me one for my cart. I'm not superstitious, but I think it is a fun conversation item. I forgot what's on mine--flowers, I think.

I have one on my Meadowbrook.
default_smile.png
You can see it in this pic.

IMG_4857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Marsha, I am not at all superstitious, but I enjoy following certain traditions. We were given a gremlin bell and plan to use it, but even stronger than tradition is my ability to procrastinate...therefore it sits on a shelf.

I had one for my Country Road cart. Really need to get one for my Hyperbike. ;)
If you play Secret Santa, that would be a good thing to mention as a gift idea, since it is supposed to be a gift and not something you buy yourself.
default_yes.gif

Mine is attached with a zip tie. How do others attach theirs? Mine dangles from the axel.

What size are they? I'd never heard of this one before! I am a little superstitious and also a lot "sensitive" to .... well, just say a 6th sense or intuition type of thing.

Now to give that idea to a friend or family as a gift for me... hmmm...

They aren't very big, less than thumb sized. They "need" to be an open type bell and not a jingle bell.

Here's the biker legend, I couldn't find one for horses:

http://www.gremlinbells.com/
Any place that sells motorcycling equipment will carry them. Or you can order one online. I got one for a new miniature horse driver and found it on ebay; it has horses on it.

If you don't want to pay that much (granted, they aren't expensive) I have found many bells like the ones on the website at flea markets and garage sales- for a quarter.
default_smile.png

I had one on my Harley and now I have transfered it to my can am. I plan on putting one on my cart when I get one but you just cant buy one, they have to be given to you for them to work as the tradition goes

Latest posts

Back