Greenville, Ohio show this weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandy S.

Reaction score
Anyone know the schedule on when the driving classes are. Hubby says we might take a drive over if we have time this weekend to watch.

So does anyone know the times.

Thanks.

Hi Sandy,

I didn't get my entries in by the deadline so I'm not taking anything
sad.gif
but if memory serves me correctly, all the mini performance classes are on Friday, either afternoon or evening. I think I have the class list around here somewhere but no time to look for it this minute. I'll check back when I get home from work and if no one else has already given you a definitive answer, I'll post again. Rodney Stocklin and I will be going on Saturday to watch. It's a pretty well attended show. Should be lots of people we know.

Laura

Bringing back to top. What is the schedule for Friday evening? Wondering about the driving classes?

Sandy,

I just spoke with Brenda and they are driving Friday after lunch through the evening if that helps.

Hi Sandy (and anyone else interested). I finally found my entry book for the Greenville show. Here is what Friday will look like.

Show starts at 9am with Classic Shetlands showing, in-hand classes. First class of the day is class #120, Stallion model. This runs thru class #152. Then there is a break and then they start back with class #153, and have 24 "foundation" halter classes. Sorry, since I'm not familiar with the shetland aspect, I don't know how large these classes will be.

After class #176 the performance classes begin. Most of these classes are AMHR driving classes with some classic classes sprinkled in. The performance part runs from class #177 thru #217 so there should be lots to watch.

Let me know if you need additional info. I do know that you have to pay to enter the Darke Co. Fair to watch the show. However, I also know that Darke Co puts on one great fair so get there early and go to the midway for some fair food.

Have fun.

Laura

Some of our horses will be there our friend and trainer, Arlene Foulk, will be showing them.
smile.gif

I think the driving classes are on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
We probably won't be able to get there until about 6pm Indiana time. Would they still be going on then? Also do they still hold them if it is raining? Hate to drive all that way for nothing, if over with or canceled due to rain.

They usually still have the classes even "if" it rains.
yes.gif
(seems to usually rain there when we go). You may be in luck, "we" woun't be there but our trainer and some of our horses will be.
yes.gif

Sandy S. said:
We probably won't be able to get there until about 6pm Indiana time.  Would they still be going on then?  Also do they still hold them if it is raining?  Hate to drive all that way for nothing, if over with or canceled due to rain.
455115[/snapback]

I don't know how late they will be showing. It really depends on the number of entries and how fast/slow the judge is. I can only imagine, however, that with the number of classes they are trying to do that day the show will be running into the evening hours. As for the rain............yes, they will still show, unless it is a terrible lightning storm, then I'm sure they would at least take a break until the lightning subsided. I've shown there before when it had rained/was raining so hard that the water was over the tops of my shoes and the horses did not want to trot because they would splash water up onto their bellies. The last weather report I heard calls for some rain (possibly some severe storms) on Saturday. I'm about 45 minutes due south of Greenville.

Laura

Latest posts

Back