Greencastle Info

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
Joe emailed me and said they are trying to get credit card authorization by the time of the sale Cha Ching
default_yes.gif
: !!

They are also limiting the total amount of heads to 200 including the donkeys. So prices should be a bit more competative.

I cant wait!! I love auctions!!!!

I really wish they would do an online catalog prior to the sale. I'd love to be able to research the horses I'm interested in prior to the sale.
default_yes.gif
:

It would really help if he gets credit card approval and limits the numbers. The sale gets to long and alot of people leave. Lorie

An online catalog would be great. I need time to look and not feel rushed.

I think it was for this past May sale there were potentially a couple horses we were interested in ahead of time, after a couple requests Joe had some one forward pedigree info to us. Glad they did as the pedigree was not what we thought it was going to be. Saved a trip down that we didn't have time for anyway.

Looks like we will go back again this fall though. Maybe bring the trailer this time. Credit cards will be a huge boost to the sale. HAve seen many people stop bidding because they were limited on cash in pocket or in check book.

Already have a list for the tack sale!

Mark

I heard several weeks ago that there were already over 200 horses consigned and expecting more??

We didn`t go in the spring. It is so crowded and there is no where to sit. Kinda scary, how many people they cram in there!! You would think there would be a law against that??

Then too, it is very hard to find the horses before the sale. They are not in any particular order. I wish they were in some kind of order.

I do enjoy talking to other breeders/friends at the auction but since I`m not buying there, doubt I`ll go again. It takes forever for them to go through the 100`s & so many are colts.

We shall see. I went one year, said Hi to everyone, checked to see if there was anything there of interest and left! Maybe Ill` be bored that day & go say Hi to friends.
default_smile.png

I wish too there was a catalog on line but doubt that will happen with 200+++ animals there.

I agree with Flaxenacres ~ Limiting the numbers is a great idea.

I have been to this sale many of times and everytime I go the crowd gets bigger and bigger. That place can only hold so many people. I think this sale needs to be relocated like to the Maryland state fairgrounds. That would be a perfect place to have the sale. Each horse gets their own stall and the seating is very good.

Do Maryland state grounds have an auction? Is so when???

Professional Auction Services hold their qh and paint sales there in April and use to in Oct. They have moved the one in Oct.

But it is a very nice place and lots of chairs to sit down on. They have a decent sized sale pen that the horses are seen easily in.

:saludando: Hi, I just received information on Joes sale, He IS limiting the number of horses to UNDER 200 this year and he IS NOT going to accept credit cards.

I have been hearing all kinds of rumors about the huge amount of horses this year but guess that`s all it was, rumors!!! Just wanted you all to know. I`m glad to hear there is a limit. Still wish the limit was under 125 but ~~~ under 200 is better than 300+ horses that I had heard would be consigned.
default_wacko.png
:

That was the info I got from him too. That is why I was shocked when you said they were already over 200. I dont care about the cc thing. But it would be nice to have as a cushion. I wonder why he doesnt take cc. I heard it was because it was too risky of people disputing the cahrges afterwards (but that is just a theory).He could charge a buyers premium like most auctions. He did said, "am trying to get O K to accept credit cards". So we will see.

Either way I have a good time and love to stay over night and spend time with my husband
default_wub.png
:

We should all wear a name tag LOL I`ve been to many shows and sales and haven`t met half the people that were there.

I enjoy meeting the people at shows and auctions. I don`t do well in large crowds though and the fact there is nowhere to sit, I usually stay a few hours and come back home.

I wish they had a larger facility. Never did figure out how they get all the people in there
default_wacko.png
: Makes you feel like a sardine LOL

I agree with Nancy. Joe needs to have this sale at a larger facilty. I see a couple of reason. For one you wouldn't have to search for horses you are interested in. I was at this past springs' sale and I seen several horses come through I didn't even see when they were out tied up. And as far as the large crowd. There is no way that little sale barn can handle all those people.

I also think the crowd would be larger if you move it let say it to Maryland cause you have a lot of people that coms from the south now and they have to get through Maryland to come to Pa. I bet there would be more southern people come that hasn't even been there before. AND I would say the prices would be higher. Crowds larger, horses can be seen easier and people can sit in comfort.

Latest posts

Back