GREAT Sayings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was walking Shadow in the park today when a man asked me, ”what kind of dog is that?”
My response, “A chihuahua!” 🤣
Thanks for the idea JFMN!
"I have miniature horses for the same reason some people choose to have chihuahuas."

A couple wearing matching shirts walked past me and the lady said, “cute doggie.”
I said, “cute hubby!” 😍😍

And then I past by the absolute rudest biker who thought he would be able to intimidate me and who clearly didn‘t know the rule about bikers (and everyone) yield to horses. He yells at me in a threatening/intimidating voice, “BIKE!”
So I yell back, “HORSE!”
Then he gets right next to me and screams in my ear, ”BIKE!!!”
Of course I scream right back at him, “HORSE!!!”
Then me again, ”JERK!!!!”
🤣🤣🤣🤣
LOL LOL! His friend was with him just laughing and shaking his head….as if he was trying to apologize for his rude biker friends behavior.
Poor Shadow! He just planted his feet during the screaming match and had the most terrified look on his face. I know he was thinking: “Dude! Don’t mess with mom! She will kill you!” LOL LOL🤣🤣
Then I couldn’t stop laughing the whole way back LOL LOL 🤣🤣

I walked by this lady in the park today and she said, “Awe! You are so lucky you get to walk a horse! All I get to walk is a darn dog😝” LOL

Then a man driving by sees me and slams on his brakes. He comes to a screeching stop, rolls down his window and yells, “Is that a donkey?” 🤪🤣🤣

That's so funny! A woman I know was driving her mini on the trail and also had someone (who was riding a horse so you'd think they'd know better) ask if he was a donkey too! Granted he is a silver dapple so sort of the right coloring but the ears are not quite there. 🤣
I have had that comment many times. Dapper Dan's ears are quite petite, so I never understood how he could be mistaken for a donkey. And the questioners were not making fun, either. Mind boggling.

I walked by this lady in the park today and she said, “Awe! You are so lucky you get to walk a horse! All I get to walk is a darn dog😝” LOL

Then a man driving by sees me and slams on his brakes. He comes to a screeching stop, rolls down his window and yells, “Is that a donkey?” 🤪🤣🤣
Really a donkey? :rolleyes: 😂

Reminds me of when I was a teen living in Elk City, Idaho. A family visiting from the East Coast stopped me while I was riding along the neighbor's Angus breeding pasture. They wanted me to get a picture of them with the "herd of buffalo." That was the first time my mind was boggled, trying to find a diplomatic way to say "those are cows not buffalo." 🤷‍♀️I finally just blurted it out. Fortunately, it was early in the year and I knew a local elk herd would be calving soon in that field. So I could at least offer them the olive branch of "be here just before sun up the rest of your vacation and you might see baby elk."

In that same area, it invariably happens every year or two during hunting season that someone mistakes a mule for a deer/moose/elk. The last one I saw, they'd attached their moose tag to the pastern of a government branded, shoe wearing U.S. Forest Service draft mule. They were SO proud when they pulled up to the inspection station.🤯😭🤦‍♀️ I never did hear how they explained away the shoes. We left as they were saying something about "big, ugly head with loose lips and huge floppy ears...anyone would have made the same mistake...."

I was walking Stormy in the park when a lady came riding by on her bike. She yelled, “What a beautiful girl!” Since I was the only girl around I said, “thanks!”

Wait?? What? Oh? Was she talking about my gelding? 🤣

In that same area, it invariably happens every year or two during hunting season that someone mistakes a mule for a deer/moose/elk. The last one I saw, they'd attached their moose tag to the pastern of a government branded, shoe wearing U.S. Forest Service draft mule. They were SO proud when they pulled up to the inspection station.🤯😭🤦‍♀️ I never did hear how they explained away the shoes. We left as they were saying something about "big, ugly head with loose lips and huge floppy ears...anyone would have made the same mistake...."
Oh, My! To be a fly on the wall for the rest of that conversation.

T
Almost forgot to post this one...the other day someone said to me "yeah your horses are cute, but you can't have a relationship with them."

I didn't bother with a response because first, I was dumbfounded, and second, I couldn't even begin to explain just how special our relationships with our horses are!!!! Ya just have to experience it. 😍

Last edited:
A man was passing us in the park today and he said, “what’s up with the horse?”
I looked at him and said, “what’s up with the bike?”
Man, “Uhhhhhh….. well….”
LOL 🤣

Then another man passed us and said, “I have to get one of those!”
I said, “what??? Roller skates?” 🤣🤣

Then this lady and her little girl stopped us for photos. The lady was so excited and practically screaming at me, “OH MY GOD!! THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN! I MEAN!! SERIOUSLY! THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HORSE I HAVE EVER SEEN!! AND HIS EYES ARE THE COLOR OF THE OCEAN!!” 😍😍💕💕💕

Ok, this has to do with a bigger "pony" but it made me laugh. I was at a show with my 30 year old morgan/hackney gelding and waiiting for the Pony Halter class to be called. Some trainer came up to me and asked if I was waiting for the "Colts and Fillies" class. I had to laugh, I told him no, my old boy was 30 and well past the colt stage. The look on his face was priceless. We had a good chuckle over it and I was happy my old coot looked good enough to pass as a colt.

Latest posts

Back