GREAT Sayings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I was out walking all 4 of my little boys in the neighborhood when an elderly lady shouted out to me, “You have a beautiful family!!” Awe, made my heart melt 💞 🥰

Yesterday I passed a man in the park walking his dog. He looked at me and said, “Nice dog!” I looked at him and said, “Nice horse!” 🤣

We were doing a small local trick and behavior show....One of the spectators comes up and says: "What are you going to do with those things. They can't do anything!"

(We were the only minis...The rest were 'big horses')

He didn't realize that my boys were the stars of the show for half of the demonstrations (jumping onto platforms 100% of their height - in tandem!, jumping into the back of a pickup truck - in tandem!, walking a balance beam, taking bows, playing kickball...and more.

He was honest enough to come back up to me afterword singing their praises :)

Last edited:
Today I was out walking all 4 of my little boys in the neighborhood when an elderly lady shouted out to me, “You have a beautiful family!!” Awe, made my heart melt 💞 🥰

Yesterday I passed a man in the park walking his dog. He looked at me and said, “Nice dog!” I looked at him and said, “Nice horse!” 🤣
Great response!

Most common reaction for people when I tell them my horses are miniature horses:

Person: "Wow ! they are cute ponies! "

I then explain for the 100th time that they are NOT ponies. They are tiny, miniature, small, mini (you name it) horses.

Person: "Oh, I see... How big will they grow ?"

Me: 🤨

Last edited:
Most common reaction for people when I tell them my horses are miniature horses:

Person: "Wow ! they are cute ponies! "

I then explain for the 100th time that they are NOT ponies. They are tiny, miniature, small, mini (you name it) horses.

Person: "Oh, I see... How big will they grow ?"

Me: 🤨
I've had that also: how big will they grow.
I don't bother to correct the pony/miniature thing any more. Too exhausting.

After walking two of my boys in the park, I decided to cross the street and take them for a walk in the small town square of Glen Rose. A lady came up to me and asked, “What are you doing here?” I looked at her and asked, “Well, what are YOU doing here?” 🤣

I can’t correct people for calling my minis “ponies”, I call them Ponies myself. 🤣 I refer to them as Ponies as an loving nickname. I also call my 16hh Quarter horse “Pony”. I don’t have any true ponies here though. Just like my dog Lacy, I call her Pup or Puppy and she is definitely not a puppy. 💕💕

Now if someone were truly interested in miniature horses I would tell them about the breed and the differences between them and ponies, but that doesn’t happen too often.

Latest posts

Back