Grazing muzzle?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelZ

Reaction score
So my mini is over weight and needs his grass restricted, in saying this, he had never foundered or shown any signs of it despite being on rich grass 24/7 for the majority of his life before he came to me. Lately I’ve been putting him in the yard for 16 hours a day with ad lib hay and turning him out for 8 hours, he is losing weight rather quickly this way. However I have recently sold my third horse and would like my TB to have company 24/7 if possible. The problem is, he HATES his muzzle, once I’ve been muzzling him for 12 hours each day for a few days straight, he becomes difficult to catch and he seems rather miserable. I was wondering if there was any way I could help him to at least tolerate his muzzle as I really do like him to be able to run with his ‘big friend’ all day long

I have one that wears one. I use the brand "Roma" it has a hole in the bottom so that minimal grass can be eaten.

There are many that hate the idea of seeing a horse wear one. However, Id rather see a horse moving around exercising than see it confined 24/7.

I "m only posting from a logical non-horse owner perspective.....but, could be wear it less and work up to wearing it more? Like breaking in thick leather shoes on a person?

Latest posts

Back