Gray Gene/White Markings on Face/Body in Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

You can change the topic title by going back to your first post and doing an "edit" and select "full edit". That will let you change the title.

I know Rowdy didn't have blue eyes but I wonder what pinto patterns he carried in addition to frame? And isn't he a great example of a "solid" and what they can produce when bred to another solid? Other examples are cropouts from the AQHA that (I believe) led to the Paint registry. Solid X solid= wild frame (cropout).

Jane I am about to make an idiot of myself so start freely to giggle
wub.gif

Could the pinto foal not be due to previous relatives rather than her immediate parents? What makes me ask is the thought of thorough breds and warmbloods that often have stars, snips and socks but never throw pinto!

What would you call these white marks?

Sorry but these wonderful colours are all so very new to me, show jumpers are all bay, chestnut, black or grey (yes very boring)

xreiter.gif
I am not certain what you mean so I will answer what I think you asked.

The result is of course due to ancestors- they caused the only visual show of Splash- the white stars.

Both horses have full Pintos in their heritage.

Is that what you meant?

With registries the way they are, unless you have been breeding a particular line for generations, yours and theirs, there is no way to know whether the patterns or lack of them, in the pedigree, are correct.

Latest posts

Back