Grants Pass Auction Minis - Katya - colt born June 22

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy took his first nap standing up, because he hadn't figured out how to lower himself back to the ground. I was talking to him about it and demonstrated squatting down, and he nickered at me. OMG, I'm going to have fun with him.
Not a mini, but my first full-size foal took her first nap standing, too.

I don't have the sleeping pic scanned for computer, but here she is, anyway (her legs went on forever):

Foolish - March 30, 1997.jpg

Congratulations he's gorgeous!! I'm hoping he's grows some spots as he ages
default_smile.png
Such LONG legs and a gorgeous head too

Congratulations handsome little guy. Love his dishy lil face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! We think he's beautiful . . . uh, handsome. Nah! Beautiful!!!
default_firstprize.gif

For those of you who are more visually inclined:

23Jun2013 Katya's new figure.JPG One of Crystallos's contributions. Doesn't my girl look GOOD?

23Jun2013 Mom.jpg Crystallos put a blanket on him and when she came out in the morning, he was shivering, so she added a fleece she made for him. Isn't it awesome????

23June2013 Beautiful.jpg Is he not wonderful? I live 30 miles away and have a small life of my own, so I have to leave him and come back the next day. Katya is a wonderful mother, guarding her child by inserting her substantial bulk between us or by charging the offending nose of a curious mare. We spent a while sitting in the pen with her this morning, and she wouldn't come over for her neck rubs or normal interactions . . . until I brought out the alfalfa cubes. Stomach won, but she was still aware of boy and always knew where he was. He managed to dart between her legs a couple of times so I could gently pet whatever portion of him was present.

I'm in love.
default_giveup.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Your post made me cry...what a beautiful fleece from Crystallos..he looks wonderful in it. It must be so hard leaving him at the end of the day but you are so lucky he is in good hands and hoofs. I often had to pet what ever portion presents itself to me too....I think we all do. Give it a few days and mom will loosen her strings a bit....just wait till you get to pick him up....aaawww...love love love. I just love that 3rd picture...he really is truly a beauty!! Congratulations again and I hope Katya is doing well!

Gosh, How have I missed all of this? I live near Grants Pass and have been on the After The Storm FB board, and have been trying to keep up with all the auctioned horses. I noticed one was foaled yesterday. Congratulations. I was in Grants Pass yesterday, going to move my mini to board there next weekend, where she will be with other mini's and I will have a friend to play with our mini's with. Very excited.

For anyone's who is curious, she showed no overt signs of foaling. I went on a trail ride that day and about ten minutes after I got home she layed down, pushed and her water broke. The white bag showed up almost immediately. I'd say it was about a minute from her water breaking to foal all the way out. It happened that fast. Other than no signs of pending birth, it was perfect, better than textbook. I did help him out of the sack, though, and cleared his nose.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What a beautiful little boy and WOW--those legs! I just love long legs!!!!

Now you must get a closeup picture of his 2 SPOTS so we can see!!! (or so I can see! LOL)

As soon as he's out of the blankets, Diane, your wish is my command. I think we started our SPOTS chant too late, and she laid a big spot on his side in preparation for scattering it, then didn't have time.
default_new_rofl.gif
He's got dusty dark legs and the sweetest little curly tail. I love looking at his face with that huge swirl of hair on his forehead. Must eat breakfast so I can drive over to gaze at him again. Have poop scooping and fencing to work on also, so we can let him out in a few days. Oh, I forgot . . . watching him learn to use his legs is highly amusing! He does this little hopping run, like he's trying to buck; reminds me of when kids learn how to skip.

Yes, it's such fun to watch them figure out their long legs!

Take a few pictures of his hooves....I'm a bit intrigued by his single SPOT. As you said, she didn't have time to scatter it, but perhaps she made some other arrangements to get them on there!

Just checking in to see if you were able to drag yourself away from your new arrival long enough to post some more pictures. Guess not....that ok, Hope you are enjoying him!!

Diane was asking about his hooves:

22Jun2013 hooves2.JPG

22Jun2013 hooves.JPG

No apparent striping at this point. The middle of the whorl on his head is dark. Don't know if it will stay that way.

Pictures courtesy of niece. I was flying low to be there for his first attempt at standing.

lol.
default_new_rofl.gif
So that's what you call them!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
I guess I never really thought about how he kept from ripping the sack!

So how long do you think he'll take to learn to sheath his boy bits? He's totally oblivious so far.

It's such a hoot watching him back all the way up to the wall and charge across the stall. I think he's pretty smart to figure out how to get the most bang for his buck. Speaking of which, he seemed to be attempting his kick yesterday. He'd back up to Katya and sorta hop. She'll straighten him out on that one!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

When my youngest son was a toddler, we would walk to his playschool and I remember people telling me they'd see me crawling on the ground with him watching a bug, or lifting him up to see inside a flower. I LOVE those "Ah ha!" moments.

LOL...I think Sneeker proudly showed us his big boy parts on the second day....the ole "race horse" jokes started about then!!

Its funny...not sure why all foals love to back up into things but they all seem to then let this buck jump thingy happen ....its so fun to watch.

I think its great letting or having your son see and be amazed at little things like a bug or flower....now unless its on an ipad or computer game it seems they never get to enjoy them.

Those little boys are such fun to watch!! I love to watch them "learn" the attitude and try it out on everyone! And he'll figure out how to "hide" his parts after a short while! So cute!

Latest posts

Back