Grain for your pregnant girls?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlacierRidge

Reaction score
Do you give grain to your pregnant girls at all during their pregnancy? Kochia still has four months to go (although she's big as a house to me!). Or vitamin supplements?

Angie

30april08169.jpg
30april08170.jpg

default_new_shocked.gif
Wow, Kochia looks ready to pop! The sweetie has my sympathy. I can't believe she has four more months. Do donkeys ever have twins?!

chico

She was ultrasounded....just has one! Otherwise I'd wonder if she has twins! This is my first mini baby, and first donkey baby, I figured minis just carry....um.....not as gracefully? LOL But I took her to get bred, she was only gone a week and a half, I know her breeding dates....so no question there!

Ok...are they all this big??
default_new_shocked.gif

She's not due till the end of August!

I know that wasn't the question in my post.....but I'm not giving any grain either....should I be giving her a little? I know when I had big mares, they were getting grain/vitamin supplements....but then they do anyway.

Angie

hmmm well she would fit in well with my blimps........and yes I do give them a little grain daily when in foal....even when they look like that...lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Ok, I've only been giving her a handful, with a vitamin/mineral/probiotic supplement. Should I be giving her more? Like what the suggested rate is based on her weight? When my mares were pregnant, and at this stage, I gave them a full graining by this time....but so many people say donkeys don't "need" graining...so I've just been giving her some to go along with the supplement (the grain is a pelleted feed, as is the supplement).

Angie

Latest posts

Back