Graduation and Move to Maryland

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourluckyhorseshoes

Reaction score
Hey--
I just wanted to give an update on the big changes in my life--all happening this month. I graduated from NC State on May 11th and on May 15th I got an offer letter for an internship at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland (DC area). I packed my bags, drove up, and started on the 20th. I'm really excited and can't wait to explore the area some more. I'll be here for at least 6 months. If anyone has any sight seeing suggestions for DC or Southern Maryland please let me know. Hopefully I can visit a few mini farms.
default_smile.png

945682_393639944083887_290209386_n.jpg

May 2013 119.jpg

May 2013 089.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Arlington memorial isn't far, the smithsonian museum, ocean city md is a drive, but a nice beach and board walk ( doesn't compare to the water/beaches in myrtle beach though) hmmmm, battlefield in Gettysburg pa is pretty cool as well as some of the tours and the wax museum. Congrats on all accounts!

Last edited by a moderator:
July 4th weekend the Area One AMHR Mini show is in Harrington,DE at the Delaware State Fairgrounds about 2 hrs east of DC.Lots of nice Mini people and Minis from the east coast will be there.From Harrington it is about 45 minutes down to Rehoboth Beach and lots of great tax free shopping at outlet stores and great beaches and eating places.Welcome to the area I live about 15 minutes from Harrington and not far from the beach area.www.knollacfarm.net Bev

Hello & Welcome to MD. I am in Southern, MD -- I do recommend the museums in DC and the National Zoo. My favorite museums would be The Crime & Punishment and Spy. The Wax museum (right across the street is fun too). Feel free to migrate south and explore Solomon's Island, Piney Point and Point Lookout too.. Beaches, boating, lighthouses, camping, Tiki Bars.. Tourist areas such as Calvert Marine Museum & Lighthouse.. Piney Point lighthouse.. The battlegrounds at Point Lookout...

i had a very intersting visit to monticello-thomas jeffersons home. history, agriculture.

if you pay to get in with a 20 dollar bill you get a 2 dollar bill with jefferson on it.

Latest posts

Back