Gotta hand it to them, they are learning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
Remember a week or two ago someone posted about a letter from Anita Beck asking about what horses you had for sale? A lot of us replied that we got the same email. Just for fun I wrote back to her and said I had several very nice minis for sale and to check my web site. Apparently she did. Her newest email shows that the scammers are learning, so beware. I've decided to play along with her (or whoever) and said fine, sounds like a deal to me, when do you want her to be shipped and how?She is only a month old!!! Here's her email::

Thanks alot for the email,I just bought a new farm here in London,UK and I am looking to rear all kinds of animals.I have purchased some and I am still purchasing more.I will need you to give me your last price offer for BRM Blue Ridge Mi Foxi Ladi (Mia) and as for the payment I will be instructing my client who is yet to balance me to issue you a certified check or money order in the amount to balance me to you for the purchase of BRM Blue Ridge Mi Foxi Ladi (Mia) and I will like you to have the payment cashed then you can deduct your amount for my purchase and have the remainder of my funds sent to my shipping agent so he can begin the shippment arrangement from your location to me for the delivery ,so pls do let me know if this arrangements is okay by you then you can get back to me with your Name ,address and phone # to reach you then i can instruct my client to mail you the payment for the purchase.

Thanks,

Anita

I'm hoping a get a nice (fake) Cashiers check as a keepsake!!! Notice now they are putting the actual name of a mini rather than "your horse" or whatever.. They are learning, but have a long way to go.!!!

Ginny StP

There are still little things that dont seem to fit. For most of the email its pretty formal but then there is "pls" instead of please and the symbol # instead of the word. That doesnt fit with me. Just something small I noticed.

[SIZE=14pt]The dead giveaway is the "your last price" line. I hope you get something to give the Feds Ginny![/SIZE]

Lyn

I sold a Yorkie litter. Placed and add on net for one pup, and a friends Maltese litter. I got email by someone wanting me to call them. I noticed the odd phone number and inquired that there were too many digits. They wanted me to call anyway that it would go through fine. I had the number checked and it was one that I would be charged per minute (almost like you hear of the 900 numbers). I had made my friend her hotmail account and she got the same email requesting her to do the same. People are sad. It was an over seas call. I guess they target US alot.

Fran

These things are just about the same as those horrible phone solicitations we used to get. I don't really give them any credence as none of them really care about the horse, don't bother to ask it's health, it's height, etc., but they are annoying!

Liz M.

Yeah... I framed my fake cashiers check...lol (or I can laugh about it now... $1500 later... OUCH
no.gif
)

I have to worry about one more thing, as I do a bit on the net, any email that I am not familar with I delete. You never know what worm or trojan is attached to it.

These can not always be found by your anti virus program. I am sure someone who knows more abut this type of thing can say for sure if this is a possibility.

liltnt said:
I have to worry about one more thing, as I do a bit on the net, any email that I am not familar with I delete. You never know what worm or trojan is attached to it.These can not always be found by your anti virus program. I am sure someone who knows more abut this type of thing can say for sure if this is a possibility.

439416[/snapback]

Can the scammers get onto this site and read what everyone is posting about their devious methods?How safe are we on these discussion groups?It is rather scary to know that there are sick people out there watching us and our horses and trying to get our money since we all are making so much with our Minis.Yeah, right.

bevann said:
liltnt said:
I have to worry about one more thing, as I do a bit on the net, any email that I am not familar with I delete. You never know what worm or trojan is attached to it.These can not always be found by your anti virus program. I am sure someone who knows more abut this type of thing can say for sure if this is a possibility.

439416[/snapback]

Can the scammers get onto this site and read what everyone is posting about their devious methods?How safe are we on these discussion groups?It is rather scary to know that there are sick people out there watching us and our horses and trying to get our money since we all are making so much with our Minis.Yeah, right.

439506[/snapback]

This is a "PUBLIC FORUM" anybody can get on here and look, read. You have to be a member to post. Never give out your email address on here (unless you don't mind getting a lot of spam or have a good spam filter). If someone want's your email address and you know them you can PM them with it. Or set up a yahoo or hot mail account for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh , Ginny- tell them to go ahead and send the cheque, that is fine with you. Tell them she costs $10,000.00 and you will not pay the shipper until the funds have been cleared by your bank- then sit back and watch her run!! If she has a "Farm" in London I'm not sure where she'd put it (it would get blown up anyway) Imagine a Farm in New York City
laugh.gif
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif

I have a dumb question. As far as the scammers go, if some WERE to fall for it, and followed through with the transaction, would somebody actually show up to collect the horse? They wouldn't would they? They are just hoping to get the money, right?

Just curious.

-Kristie

no they will never show up to pick up a horse!! the scam is all about money and passing off fake cashiers checks. this is why the banks now make everyone wait on cashier checks and money orders just like a personal check before you can draw on them. Really ticks me off!! honestly anymore a personal check is as good as a cashiers check

[SIZE=14pt]Well Ginny,[/SIZE]

She likes my horse too!
aktion033.gif
I got this E-mail today!

Bill

Hello,

Thanks alot for the email,I just bought a new farm here in

London,UK.I will need you to give me your final price offer for Donnybrook's

Bay Bee Jubilee and as for the payment I will be instructing my client who

is indebted to me to issue you a certified check or money order in the

amount to which he owes me to you for the purchase of Donnybrook's Bay Bee

Jubilee and I will like you to have the payment cashed then you can deduct