Gotta a good ole kick in the gut!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
sad.gif
Have been looking for just the stallion to breed Sophie to next year. There is some particular things I am looking for in a stallion to compliment her.

Anyway, I have been talking with and have it pretty much down to 3 different farms.

Heard final answer back from one yesterday. They had viewed all the photos and also looked at her show record, All Star and Hall of Fame Points.

And said, after careful consideration they had made the decision that Sophie was not good enough quality to waste their stallions efforts on.
new_shocked.gif

Now if they do not want their stallion bred to her,,,,,,,,ok fine,,,,,,,,,but to say "waste their stallions efforts"?????????? How about, we just are not sure she is the right mare, or he may not be the right stallion, or we only breed a few a year and we have already chosen those few.

I don't know if I am hurt, insulted or just plain ticked off!!!!!!! Just glad Sophie didn't have to hear what they thought.
no.gif

Again it comes down to HOW something was said.

I am not going to sit here and say Sophie is perfect, she is not, but after their little note, I'm not so sure what she is any more.

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,she's a 3 year old Hall Of Fame Mare with 7 OverAll Grands this year.!!!!!
yes.gif

I can understand how you feel Carolyn. The WAY things are said make such a difference! One should think before they speak or write so as not to be hurtful. It just takes a few minutes extra to answer curteously... jennifer

As Rudy Huckstable would have said "How Ruuudde".

Are some people BORN with no manners?

We don't stand our stallions to outside mares for many reasons, one of them BECAUSE it is tough to be correct and POLITE when refusing a breeding to a particular mare. We just don't want to deal with the many issues surrounding standing a stallion at stud, so we just don't do it.

With that said, if you ARE in the business, use some darn manners!

IMO that was rude and uncalled for! GRRR!! I guess they never heard of good manners or tact!

I like Sophie
yes.gif

Heck, stupid me even responded with a,

are you sure this was my horse???????? Did you get the correct photos!!!

People will be people, I understand it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,was just a little tough to swollow.

No doubt the more perfect stallion/match is still out there as this was not meant to be. I'd hate to have a baby with that attitude.
biggrin.gif
Or can that be passed on from owners???????????
rolleyes.gif

Oh, wanted to add she is not being bred to our BTU son because he is not R registered.

buuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, stupid me realized it would be cheaper to get him R registered than pay a stud fee.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Carolyn, there was no call for that at all. I have some people looking to breed their overheight, pet mare to one of my stallions. I am not happy with the set up and I shall say, No- I shall NOT insult her and she has an overheight PET, mare!! It does not matter how good or bad an animal is, there is no need to be rude about it!! Now all you need to do is breed a foal from Sophie that will seriously kick their "Wonder Studs" offspring in the b*tt at the shows!!!
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she is gorgeous!

I bet you can find a BETTER stallion for her. You really deserve it.

Frankie said:
Heard final answer back from one yesterday. They had viewed all the photos and also looked at her show record, All Star and Hall of Fame Points.

And said, after careful consideration they had made the decision that Sophie was not good enough quality to waste their stallions efforts on. 
new_shocked.gif

Now if they do not want their stallion bred to her,,,,,,,,ok fine,,,,,,,,,but to say "waste their stallions efforts"?????????? How about, we just are not sure she is

447318[/snapback]

OMG !!!!
new_shocked.gif

You've probably already figured this.....but.....I'd get your stallion R registered, make a kick-butt foal out of your awsome Kick-butt mare, and kick some butt...LOL

But thats just me....LOL

Sue

OMG...Carolyn, that is the rudest!! I have seen Sophie and she is beautiful...and, has proven herself in the ring!!!!!!!

I say...its there loss...right????? Sophie is to good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lis

Heck I would not have even treated my mother-in-law like that. Could I ask you to just PM me with that breeders address and we can send a few biker frends to visit him. In all seriousness to make a statement like that could very well come back to bite a person in the butt. We never know what the future holds and this same person might someday get told that his studs are not worth the bother of hauling a mare to.

I agree. Their way of declining was totally rude and uncalled for.

I would have been tempted to e-mail them as if I'd never heard from them and say --

after further consideration, I've changed my mind about breeding my mare to your stallion as I feel his conformation flaws would be too influential to any offspring.
biggrin.gif

MA

I do not like to name drop, or talk about folks.

But, the state they are in starts with the letter O,

and it's not Ohio,

and Nationals just may be held there,

biggrin.gif

You know the saddest part, probably not the first or last time it will ever happen as I have found from experience, they just don't have a clue how they come off.

Well first off I want to say I went to take a peek at your Sophie and this is a VERY
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
nice mare. Whoever it was that said those words to you and made that decision are in my honest opinion EXTREMELY unprofessional and not worth your time nor your mare's time, not the other way around. Find yourselve another stallion and owner(s) that WILL treat you both as you deserve to be.

I don't know if I am hurt, insulted or just plain ticked off!!!!!!!, your quote...I would be all three. It was uncalled for to say such a rude inconsiderate thing, sheesh! She is lovely and I know you'll work it out!

Oh,,,,,,,,,,,,she's a 3 year old Hall Of Fame Mare with 7 OverAll Grands this year.!!!!!
I will have to agree with them being rude! From the looks of it, your horse must have it all in the right places or she wouldn't be Hall Of Fame Mare with 7 OverAll Grands this year!

I think your horse must be doing something right to get all that.
aktion033.gif

I would just blow it off and press on with your life and forget it. I know its hard... but.... like the ole saying goes... sticks and stones will break my bones but names can never hurt me!!

I say theres a better stallion out there.......... you don't need hers!
biggrin.gif
Maybe just fate pushing you in the right direction!
aktion033.gif

Joyce
saludando.gif

Frankie said:
sad.gif
Have been looking for just the stallion to breed Sophie to next year. There is some particular things I am looking for in a stallion to compliment her. Anyway, I have been talking with and have it pretty much down to 3 different farms.

new_shocked.gif

Now if they do not want their stallion bred to her,,,,,,,,ok fine,,,,,,,,,but to say "waste their stallions efforts"?????????? How about, we just are not sure she is the right mare, or he may not be the right stallion, or we only breed a few a year and we have already chosen those few.

I don't know if I am hurt, insulted or just plain ticked off!!!!!!! Just glad Sophie didn't have to hear what they thought. 
no.gif

Again it comes down to HOW something was said.

I am not going to sit here and say Sophie is perfect, she is not, but after their little note, I'm not so sure what she is any more.

yes.gif

447318[/snapback]

HOW RUDE !

I know the feeling though, back when I was trying to find THE new herdsire for my farm, I emailed a 'big name farm' about their 6 year old pinto stallion...and I emailed, and emailed and emailed...with an AGENT (not even the true owner) and I finally got the impression that they didn't want to sell or lease him to me because I wasn't a well enough known farm or something...? I never did understand why I couldn't even get so much as a lease price out of them...I 'let them off the hook' when I bought my boy Derby Dancer (which I paid CASH for)...and trust me when I say that "big name farm" is the LAST farm in Heaven or on Earth I will ever look at to buy from in the future !
new_let_it_all_out.gif

Latest posts

Back