Gotta a good ole kick in the gut!!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it sounds like it is THEIR loss, certainly NOT yours. As for how they responded...not only was in uncalled for, and rude, but very unprofessional as well. I think people often say things in emails - and BB's
rolleyes.gif
- because I guess it's easier typing things out, rather saying it face to face. True, that no mare IS perfect, the same goes for stallions too. Good luck with your search! You'll have to post an update when you settle on just the right one for your mare.
smile.gif

JUST HOW COOL DID ALL OF THIS WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!

Found out Tango's parents were hardshipped into AMHR and we can do this at a low low cost!

TO THE NOT SO NICE STALLION OWNERS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Their loss
biggrin.gif
.......................... Sometimes the obstacles in our lives are stepping stones to greater things!

That worked out for the best! Now you are able to use your own stallion.
smile.gif

Some people are so rude.

Yippee Carolyn! Where is that raspberry smilie
new_tomato.gif
That'll do, you go get em!
aktion033.gif

well of course as a stallion owner I totally understand that perhaps a mare even with a HOF or grands might not be what type of cross they are looking for for there stallion but there is no need to say it quite that way

If it were me I would have simply said I am sorry but she just isnt the right cross or the type of mare we are opting to breed him to at this time.

But I dont stand my stallions for this very reason.

That's a crazy thing to say. They have every right to refuse mares to their stallion, for whatever reason. But they're just burning bridges by not doing it nicely. If they'd said simply that they were sorry but his book was full, you'd be happy and they'd be happy!

maybe your mare, is a lot better than they have standing in their own fields !!

maybe YOU would get the foal THEY have been longing for with this covering !!

Take no heed, it dosen't cost anything to be polite, are these people really depending on this type of work ??

Not be long before they are on Big Brother rations!

Yep, "wasting their stallions efforts" was such a rude way to put it. Sophie is lovely, not a waste of anyone's efforts IMO.

But, it's worked out for the best...you'll get Tango R reg'd, breed Sophie to him & get a foal that you can take out there & whup their foals with!
biggrin.gif

Carolyn,

To me, what they said was not only rude, but mainly snobbish.

And I don't believe there is ever any place in life for snobbery.

But sadly enough I also have met a few snobs in the miniature horse world.

In the very end, I will always believe kindness wins out. :) And I am glad you found out you can breed your own gorgeous stallion to your beautiful mare. :)

Susan O.

Frankie said:
JUST HOW COOL DID ALL OF THIS WORK OUT!!!!!!!!!Found out Tango's parents were hardshipped into AMHR and we can do this at a low low cost!

TO THE NOT SO NICE STALLION OWNERS!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

447426[/snapback]

Woo-hoo!!!
biggrin.gif

You know, this will be WAY better in another way too-- not only will you get to breed your own mare to your own stallion, you don't have to SEND HER OUT to do so. It's so tough to do that, emotionally. I've been lucky this year, my mares went to a great place with great people and were very well-taken care of, but you just never know!

I think Sophie is nice enough to go to any stallion, JMO!!!
yes.gif

I do believe you are better off. Think of it a sign all things for a reason. People are so rude. These peolpe will eventually run out of people and word of mouth will destroy your business fast.

Your mare is a winner with out them in more ways than one. Breed on an kick butt!!!

Give your mare a lot of exposure (like everywhere)

I am sorry you had to talked to like that.

**Send a note back that you believe your mare deserved a better breeding mate to compliment her features, and you would keep them in mind for the future.( But not really) grin.....

By saying this you are giving them the notice in more ways than one.

Carolyn,

That is just ridiculous that they said that to you. Some people just love being rude and hurtful... it's a big shame. Glad everything worked out even better for you in the long run... :)

Ginny Long

Oh to heck with them and the boat they sailed in on..........

Bring her on over here and Nick will show her some of his southern hospitality.
wink.gif

You probably didn't want their stallion anyway because the snobbery would have rubbed off.

She is better off with a gentleman not a snob.

I can't believe that people can be so rude and unprofessional. I am glad things worked out alright for you though. I know sooner or later, that nasty remark will come back to haunt them. You just get that beautiful foal and go kick butt in the ring with it!

Well, going through this has taught me a lot. When things like this happen, got to look at the lessons learned.

Since getting into minis, have had to develope a thicker skin, well, it must not be quite thick enough.

People who deal in minis as a big business are going to handle it like a big business, and I can't expect the social aspect to be a part of it.

If I am truly interested in a horse whether breeding or buying, I have to remember it isn't the owner I am buying and bringing to live with me.

And finally, look in my own back yard before searching the entire country!!!

Latest posts

Back