got to see a C-Section

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
..ok...so its mini goat related but just had to share this..our little goat went into labor and as it progressed you get this feeling something is amiss when nothing appears after some heavy pushing.....all I could find was one little hoof and I could feel a nose....finally got the hoof out thinking maybe I could pull....not!!!....so...off to the Vet....babys too big.....he did a C-section and we were right there....I mean, what are you going to do..say no..let her die? Anyway..even my big ole husband stayed which in itself is amazing as he is a big softy ...it was the coolest thing to watch as I have never seen one done before....I had no hopes of the little baby still being alive when he pulled it out of her, cause it had been so long, but the Vets young son was there and went to work on this little limp thing...it moved!!!!! Long story short..here is our little guy...mama wants nothing to do with him..bummer..... but thanks to that young man we have a new little guy..and mama is ok...whewie..just wanted to share

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

AWWE! That is the cutest little goat ever! I watched a cow c-section on Dirty Jobs the other day. I tuned in after they explained what was going on so I kind of freaked out at first until they mentioned searching for a baby. It was odd how they did it though.. Anyways, Im babbling. Congrats on your adorable baby and Im glad mama goat is okay too!

Oh, he's SO cute!!
default_wub.png
What kind of goat is he? Congratulations, so glad you saved him and the mamma is ok too, whew!

default_aktion033.gif
he is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!!!! My kids would be in love with that little guy if they saw him!! He looks SO tiny! Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

Very cute!!! Haha...what does that say about my personality??...I opened this thread hoping to see pictures of the actual C-Section happening LOL

Guess I should have figured that you would have put a warning in the title!

Congrats on the baby!

What a little cutie! Consider yourself very fortunate; my neighbor Boer doe had a C-section and only one of the (large) twins made it. The momma died, too. I just saw little Ophan Annie, which is of course the doeling's name now, and she's doing fine.

You said the goats you have are mini goats. I haven't heard of those before, but it makes sense 'cuz everything comes in mini size nowadays. How are they different from Pygmies, which I have?

What a little cutie! Consider yourself very fortunate; my neighbor Boer doe had a C-section and only one of the (large) twins made it. The momma died, too. I just saw little Ophan Annie, which is of course the doeling's name now, and she's doing fine.

You said the goats you have are mini goats. I haven't heard of those before, but it makes sense 'cuz everything comes in mini size nowadays. How are they different from Pygmies, which I have?
wow...I thought i was the only looney who got a c done on a goat
default_wub.png
I am glad your friends baby made it and sorry about mama
default_sad.png

Pearl, my goat is a cross between a pygmy and a nigerian and she came out very small and dainty..we had sold our buck and did not think she was pregnant..she was only 4 months old
default_wacko.png
when she 'took' poor girl!!!!!

I like this cross because it gives you more colors than with just a straight pygmy...the Nigerians look more like a dairy goat just small vs the barrel pygs(which I think are soooo cute) is that what you have?

This little guy is a hoot..sleeps on the back porch...likes the dog bed...and seems to be very content with us..has not once cried for his mama, guess cause they never really got to bond and she was so mean to him....

Latest posts

Back