Got Shooter's AMHR papers back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW--I was surprised to see that they listed him as a silver buckskin too, I just bought a silver buckskin and he looks nothing like yours (in my avatar and the post--"I was in Love...) I think he looks like a grullo. Corinne

SORRY, I said on my last post he was in my avatar--well, that was still Dude, now Royal is... Corinne

I think I am only concerned about color as a breeding option. If the horse is listed as a certain color on the papers and the foal comes out an impossible color for the combination, the registration society might have issues. Then, there is all sorts of hassle trying to correct the forms, etc. For a non-breeding animal, I don't think there's much concern unless there's a worry about identification for a stolen horse. I mean, if you have a grullo that's papered saying it's a black leopard app, how do you prove to the authorities that it's really YOUR horse?

You are absolutely correct, and should try to get the colour correct- Fiona it is important, get them changed!!! However, since the AMHA will still allow a Black to be registered o/o two Sorrels I do not think you have to worry about them refusing to register a foal!! BUT as I keep saying , change comes easiest when it is started internally- lead by example. If those of us who know something about colour get ours right, and help others do the same, it will start getting better without any fuss!!
smile.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
You are absolutely correct, and should try to get the colour correct- Fiona it is important, get them changed!!!  However, since the AMHA will still allow a Black to be registered o/o two Sorrels I do not think you have to worry about them refusing to register a foal!!  BUT as I keep saying , change comes easiest when it is started internally- lead by example.  If those of us who know something about colour get ours right, and help others do the same, it will start getting better without any fuss!!
smile.gif

462507[/snapback]

yes.gif
yes.gif
I am sorry I didn't mean to create such a fuss...I am new to this color thing so I was not educated enough to know how to resolve it. I turn to this forum for everyones opinion.. And everyone always helps me out. Now I know what I need to do...Thanks to all......Theresa

P>S> I have a friend that never changed the colour on her mares papers to the "correct colour" and when she tried to reg. the foal it was rejected (AMHR).

AMHR said there was no way with the dams colour and the sires colour could there be a foal of that colour. After many months she finally got it straightened out.
wacko.gif

I'm still learning mini colors but in big horse colors this would be a Dun. Buckskin doesn't have the dorsal strips.

rockin r said:
crponies said:
Sorry, I guess I had the white guard hairs backwards. I was thinking they were associated with dun not creme but after looking at those pages, I was remembering wrong. So maybe they are buckskin and not dun. Does the dam have a dorsal or any other dun factors? They could have both too in which case they would be dunskins.
462072[/snapback]

My husband keeps saying he is a Dunskin..Shooters dam has a definate dorsal stripe..She has a black stripe that starts in her forlock and runs all the way thru , to the bottom of her tail. Also in the dams background there are alot of listed "Buckskins"

Do I have to have Shooter tested to be listed as a Dunskin???

Here is a pic of his dams back..

Jul1268.jpg

462110[/snapback]

Oh GOSH, Here we go again
smile.gif

Buckskin can have a Dorsal strip. Dun must have a Dorsal stripe!!!

Buckskins are NOT Duns just because they have dorsals! There is NO Dun factor in Welsh ponies yet I have known quite a few Buckskin Welsh with proper Dorsal stripes.

rabbitsfizz said:
Oh GOSH, Here we go again
smile.gif
Buckskin can have a Dorsal strip.  Dun must have a Dorsal stripe!!!

Buckskins are NOT Duns just because they have dorsals! There is NO Dun factor in Welsh ponies yet I have known quite a few Buckskin Welsh with proper Dorsal stripes.

462661[/snapback]

Thank -You Rabbit!!!!!.....
aktion033.gif

Ok... I talk to AMHR this am....They said clearly he IS NOT a silver bay... But...They wanted me to go out and clip one of his legs to see if it was black under the cream colour, which it is... SO, because of his dams lineage, (sp) Buckskins out the wazooooo, he will be listed as a buckskin!! And they also told me that buckskins can and DO have a dorsal stripe....She said that soooo many minis are listed as duns when they probably are a buckskin.... She said the dorsal stripe will throw people off most of the time. She said the one thing to look for is the legs when trying to deciede dun or buckskin... the dun "usually" has the lighter legs and the buckskin has the darker legs....
yes.gif
I hope she knows what she is talking about!!! Thanks to all who tried to help me.....Theresa

Sorry, wrong again. Also do not forget he can easily be BOTH!!! My Buckskin Welsh mare has brown legs, mixed mane and dark brown tail. But she is Buckskin!!!

rabbitsfizz said:
Sorry, wrong again.  Also do not forget he can easily be BOTH!!! My Buckskin Welsh mare has brown legs, mixed mane and dark brown tail.  But she is Buckskin!!!
462757[/snapback]

Thanks Rabitt..I think he could be both, but there is no way to register him as such, or so amhr told me...Do do not have a coulour Dunskin. I am going to have him tested for my own piece of mind
yes.gif
Theresa

Latest posts

Back