Got my show gelding!!!! Total suprise!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a beautiful little horse! And look at that action! Do you think he has some shetland in him?

Good luck in the showring! I see a lot of ribbons coming your way
default_smile.png

He looks like a grade American Shetland for sure, if not one that lost its papers somehow. He's flashy, I am sure you will have a lot of fun with him!

Yes they are well educated and the staff send people to me that want to learn more. I have 5 minis that are reg i am fully aware hes not a true mini. He will be used at fun shows maybe some ptha. When shown ptha he will go by their required standards as an A class pony. Open shows dont restrict like that we dont get any points and hes only ptha reg. I enter alot of classes at fun shows as all money they get benefits therapy programs. Its for fun i enjoy it and i will enjoy my gelding reguardless of his height hes a really cool boy.

disney do they dna test shetlands? If so do you think i could send some hair to see if he has reg parents? Hes so awesome i bet he had reg papers at one point or atleast reg parents.

He probably is purebred and they do some DNA but not in the sense you could "search" for parentage.

ugh i want to try to track down his original breed id pay to get his papers if need be hes so nice, and very sweet.

Maybe you guys could help me find his breederd. He was bred in PA sold to an amish family then to the lady I got him from. Anyone know shetland breeders in PA?

thans i did joel and i thought he was a prince baby but hes not based on age. He knows people so hes sending pictures around. He thinks hes def a tomcat bred pony.

Very pretty gelding... I am sure you will have alot of fun showing him.. He is flashy so should catch some attention
default_smile.png

Well, Amanda, I think e thing we should all appreciate and let others know is a basic: WHAT is a miniature horse. I've never heard a definition that included a height above 38". People shouldn't be encouraged to contribute wrong information, even at open shows where many people get (or think they get) their first impressions of minis.
It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks! If its allowed, show your pony and have fun doing it! Don't think of what other people might think of you, it's all just for fun!
default_smile.png

It is NOT at all that I don't think she should be able to show her pony
no1.gif

It IS that I don't think a 42" - 44" pony should go in a "MINI" class
wacko.gif

Seriously
ok.gif

I think that we, as miniature horse enthusiasts, should embrace the oportunities we have to educate people about WHAT a mini is. Many horse people get their first impressions of miniatures at open shows. Why not try to give them an accurate impression? Why should they think a mini is chest high? Why let ponies show as "minis"? Why not show a pony in an OPEN class or a small equine class? Why not take the time to set the record straight? ... Every single one of us here knows better
blush2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill not to sound rude but this is my thread introducing my new gelding, I am really happy to have him not to start a huge discussion on what should and shouldnt go on in the open show ring. Please if you wish to continue this discussion post a new thread on it or privately message/email me.

I talked to one breeder in PA so far he is showing some friends the geldings picture to see if we can track his breeders down. I called the University of KY they can independently run a DNA on him that will give me a profile but they can not compare it to anything in the ASPC Data base so it won't really help me. I am going to continue to try and find his breeders I think it is worth the time he is a really nice boy.

Congrats on your new Pinto gelding! I hope you consider showing him in Pinto as there are several ponies and minis that show in NY PtHA shows. I think they even combine the Amateur mini and pony classes anyway. One great thing about PtHA is you CANNOT outgrow the papers - or lose them if the Pinto turns gray! Once a pinto, always a pinto. According to PtHA he is a stock type pony measuring 43", born 1/1/08, which suggests the person registering him did not know his birth date. He does not have any points yet in PtHA.

P.S. Your other pony I Would If I Could has over 100 PtHA points, with ROMs in halter and jumping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am definitly looking into showing pinto. I need to find out where the pinto shows will be in NY next year. I Would If I Could is a really cool pony hes 13.2hh I will post pictures of him in a few. Hes got a great record. He was never broke to ride so monday I saddled him up and worked him he was so good I got on him and he rode around even troted hes very green but really good minded about it all. No buck or anything out of him.

I think all the NY Pinto shows are in Syracuse. They have a website - Google it. Not sure if you know, but Pinto keeps changing the rules and right now adults cannot ride ponies in Open Pony classes. You might be able to ride him in Ammy classes, and you can for sure show him in-hand.

Here is Homer "I Would If I Could" the pictures with him under saddle are the first time he's ever been ridden. I think he will be a nice all around riding pony, he has a western pleasure head set already.

405276_3996766435481_242455239_n.jpg
404007_3996755635211_59109155_n.jpg
556450_4000198161272_382918874_n.jpg
255423_4001578435778_205831727_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back