GOT MY SECOND MINI!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay i just got back from dropping some money off at Davids house for clipping one of my BIG horses feet for me. We had a LONG talk. Here it is basicaly and im glad w/ it i guess.

He told me he knows why i wanted to get rid of him ..my dad told him. He said that he doesnt want to take him bc i need to learn how to manage my time better. He did say however that he will train him for me every other day and work with him ..but i still have to as well. I just have to promise to let Joshua (his son) spend time with him and lead him or come over when he wants to or is aloud to. I felt pretty happy w/ it. I feel better to knowing that dad isnt going to be training him bc dad trains race horses and w/ that line of the business they dont care if they have the worst atitude in the world as long as they are fast and fit. David trains horses as pets ext. So i guess im keeping him ...just w/ a little help from a friend. Give it a while ...and maybe a gelding (soon i hope ..we are going to maybe schedule it saturday'ish) and im sure he can be the horse i know he can be!.
smile.gif
so i get to keep rocko!!!

I'm glad that you have come to a good, reasonable descision. I purchased my first horse Trailfeathers Not A Moment Too Soon (Leo) and he would bite, and rear at you while lunging and had basicly no manners whatsoever. So I am a novice trainer and he doesnt do any of that anymore so I know you can too. He's already on his way to become such a great horse it's not even funny! I think I love him more than my boyfriend sometimes lol.
wub.gif
He's pictured in my avatar.

**EDITED TO ADD** By the way, Leo isn't really my first first horse just my first miniature. My first horse ever was a rescue named Sassy who was a Pintabian mare who was kept in a chicken pen with no grass or anything, they used a screw driver to scrape her feet clean, and fed her one half gallon of sweet feed per night. But see she ended up kicking me in the head and we took her to a 1000+ acre ranch in Texas to live wild and free with many other geldings and mares. My second horse (I still own him) is Trailfeathers Mr. A-Z, known as Pistol, is a Cremello QH gelding and my other horse Trailfeathers Must be Wordplay, ALSO KNOWN AS SHADOW, is a black w/star TWH/Arabian cross gelding. Just look at this araby neck he has!!! (see pictures) I know some of his face is missing though. He has won 5 endurance races and he is only 3 1/2. I wish I knew who his parents were and I'd cross them again! He was also a rescue and is much much better.

DSCF0098.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankx Katie ..i feel the same about coco. I feel like we are in a relationship sometimes. I think of him more as a friend then a pet usually. I do have one friend who is Jelious. Im just glad i worked out the training thing bc i did want to keep him ..i just wasnt sure if the next couple weeks/months i would be able to do what he needs. Im also working on getting some stuff moved around for training ..which thank god for David. He's so great. Rocko has a home for life.

It hurt to think 'what if this horse went to a bad family' and David sold him w/out telling us. It worried me to death!.

Back