Got my color tests back.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Im a bit disapointed but oh well I guess.

This filly here is the one I tested. She was tested for LWO and Cream.

f7294336.jpg

Here are her results

Oakwood Critters Little Feather Miniature Horse nn -

She is negative on LWO. I am guessing this - means she is also negative on the cream test as well. Bummer.

I'm sorry, Ashley. But hey, that doesn't mean that she can't or won't produce some loud-colored foals in the future, right? And now she can be bred to a LWO stallion safely since she is negative.
yes.gif

Yep when she is old enough she will be bred to my aunts frame stallion.

It may be a bit disappointing, but good to know anyway. I had my stallion tested and he is negative for LWO. Now I KNOW I can breed him to any mare without worrying about a Lethal White foal.

Why would you think negative for LWO would also mean negative for cream?

I had her tested for cream as well. I cant get it to copy and past on here from the email like it did. BUt in the cream section of the results I just got a dash. Im just guessing that would mean she is negative but wondering why there wasnt any letters put in there.

Then I think something has gone wrong with the cream-test.

There will be something on there if they tested it.

Just emailed them to see what that ment

Ok, now I am very happy to be wrong. They hadnt finished the cream test yet. But got a email later today. SHe is POSITIVE for cream. She is a palomino after all.

Good, Ashley! That's what I hoped to hear! Neg on the LWO and positive on the cream.

MA

Ashley said:
Ok, now I am very happy to be wrong. They hadnt finished the cream test yet.  But got a email later today.  SHe is POSITIVE for cream. She is a palomino after all.
445528[/snapback]

Palomino with blue skin?

Are you sure she isn´t a silver smokey?

Was she tested for red/black and agouti?

Or is she from 2 red parents? Cause she doesn´t look red based to me.

That picture is from right after I clipped her and had her wet that is the only way you can see her markings. I also have a half sister of hers. SHe is palomino but when clipped and wet looks the same. However if she got the silver gene like her sister did(which I do beleive she did)

These pics dont do her justice, however here is a winter bad pic of her....

f550d660.jpg

This spring clipped, most of the "colored" look is just shadows on her.

f46f1b1c.jpg

Her dam is a red based and her sire is black and white but does carry red.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back