Got A Super Gelding???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffntuf

Reaction score
Miniature friends - The AMHR Super Gelding Program is underway!!!! And the Super Gelding Committee has been cooking up some pretty cools stuff.....WHO WILL THE 2012 SUPER GELDINGS BE?........Stayed Tuned!

SGCOMMITTEE

To find more information follow this link:

AMHR SUPER GELDING PROGRAM

I am nominating four this year - for the first time my farm has geldings in its 10 year existence. So I am going to go for the gusto! And I am excited about this program!!! I hope to see so many of you in the ring showing against me!

I'll be signing one of my boys up this year! I convinced my grandparents to keep him specifically for me to nominate him in the Super Gelding program. Can't wait!

This is the first year I will have a gelding (I think). He hasn't dropped yet so his papers still say "stallion". Is there a deadline? As soon as I am able it's off to the vet for a little procedure and he'll qualify.
default_smile.png

Nominations go up to December 1, 2012 (must be received by December 1, 2012).

I'll probably nominate my three boys this year again, but really wish the payout structure was changed to payout 1-3rd. Ive said a few times, I would rather pay a little more to nominate my horses, and have a better chance of a payout than paying a lower nomination fee, and it being an all or nothing shot. Most people Ive spoke to who show geldings feel the same.

I'll probably nominate my three boys this year again, but really wish the payout structure was changed to payout 1-3rd. Ive said a few times, I would rather pay a little more to nominate my horses, and have a better chance of a payout than paying a lower nomination fee, and it being an all or nothing shot. Most people Ive spoke to who show geldings feel the same.

The committee has discussed restructering the program for 2013, and this is something we are considering. Thanks for your input, we are listening to what the members want.
default_yes.gif

If you plan to only compete in your region, (no World show) do you really have any shot at this? Or are you just building the fund.

Actually everyone has a shot at this because you are picking the top 10 judges scores over the summer. (You don't have to show under 10 judges, but its up to 10 and you choose the top placings).

You don't have to go to AMHR Nationals or ASPC Congress to win, its the top (up to) 10 judges placings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can it be any age gelding? It doesnt say in the info on the link, so im assuming even older geldings can be? Also, would it matter if the gelding was hardshipped? Thanks im so mew to this all, and trying to do more in the show ring this year.

It is any gelding. Just have to be a gelding. There were two geldings last year that were around 15 and 16.

Ok, I have a question - do ALL placings count under those 10 judges? For example, if I show open and amateur, do both count? Or only 1? I know it's the top 10 judges, but I don't get exactly what classes count, or if ALL classes I would enter him in count under those 10 judges.

All around halter (open, amateur, youth and PMC eligible): classes include model halter, halter, champion halter class, grand champion halter class, color

All around performance (open, amateur, youth, & PMC eligible): classes include under saddle classes, driving classes, hunter in hand, jumper in hand, obstacle in hand, liberty, showmanship classes, costume, modern roadster in hand, versatility driving, obstacle driving

Not eligible: group halter classes (get of sire, produce of dam, herd of four, etc.), team driving classes, non-rated classes (such as miniature roadster in hand)

The shows eligible from December 1, 2011 through November 30, 2012

4. Points:

Number in class

1--1st=1 pt

2--1st=2 pt, 2nd=1 pt

3--1st=3 pt, 2nd=2 pt, 3rd=1 pt

4--1st=4 pt, 2nd=3 pt, 3rd=2 pt, 4th=1 pt

5--1st=5 pt, 2nd=4 pt, 3rd=3 pt, 4th=2 pt, 5th=1 pt

6 or more--1st=6 pt, 2nd=5 pt, 3rd=4 pt, 4th=3 pt, 5th=2 pt, 6th=1 pt

Owner to use BEST (top) 10 judges

Latest posts

Back