Got a promotion last week!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
I've been working for my boss since October and about 3 months ago he and his partner took me out for coffee and discussed making me assistant manager, which I jumped at! They have never had any "titled" staff before, they owned two stores and just each ran one themselves but they were buying a new store and felt that promoting assistant managers would be there best course of action. It took a few weeks to get into the swing because it was a newly created position and we had to feel out what the best use of my time would be.

Then, last week my boss came to me to tell me what I good job he thinks I have been doing and said he and his partner would like to offer me the position of manager! It is also a newly created position and we haven't really had a chance to talk about what, if any, my major new responsibilities are going to be, but so far we have just continued on as before, so I guess I was already doing a fair bit of his workload! He asked me to keep my eye out amongst my 4 staff to see who if anyone I would like to appoint as my second, as he figures at some point I'd like to have some time off and he would like someone to be ready to fill my shoes when I need a vacation. I'm pretty excited, I really enjoy my job and its pretty neat to know that he trusts me with the store. It was always hard to get him to leave at the end of the day and now if he is in for more than a few hours a couple of times a week he feels like he is getting in my way
default_laugh.png
I'll be 25 in Novemeber so my moms just a little proud LOL

Anyway, just wanted to share the good news. I haven't heard what my raise will be so I don't know just how much extra money I'll have to spend on the ponies tee hee. (lord knows I spend enough at the store on the birds, cat, rabbit, and mice even after my staff discount that he probably promoted me so I'd stick around and keep spending hahahah)

Congrats on a job well done! You should be flattered your doing so well...

Woo Hoo!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Good for you!!!! You should be proud!!!!

Congratulations!!
default_risa8.gif

Leya

Thanks guys! I'm still really enjoying the position, loving the new challenges and my staff are great!

Latest posts

Back