Got a colt back

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebell

Reaction score
A year ago October i sold a weanling colt to a gal. She called and wanted to return him as her hubby didn't like horses, marriage problems and she is PG so couldn't care for him or afford to board him. She loved him and wanted a good home for him so she brought him last night. I was afraid of his condition. But he looks good. Needs a few groceries but nothing at all to worry about. Thankful for such a responsible horse owner.
smile.gif

Of course i needed another colt LOL but he needed a home.

She was very responsible for thinking of you and the home the colt would be going to . I am so happy you got him back. Its too bad alot of people dont feel like that, when they cant afford to keep them anymore ...instead, it seems like some just dont give a hoot about the homes, and just want to sell them to try to get there $$ back. The homes ANY of my horses go to are of the utmost importance, before the price of the horse, and I would hope that if any of my horses that have been sold, ever are in this predicument, the owners would do the same. Corinne

Responsible horse owner AND responsible breeder
yes.gif
. We never know what life will throw our way and our situations can change. Thank you so much for taking him back, not every breeder would.
wub.gif

I agree, responsible breeder................. We took a two year old colt back this year that we had sold as a weanling. I had told the buyer that if she could not keep him to let me know first. He was underweight & his hooves had been trimmed to where he was club footed looking. We took him back, started getting weight on him & gave him to a friend who has given him a wonderful caring home.... The buyer loved the horse but similar situation as yours & cried when we picked him up. I take pictures of him when I visit my friend, send them to her & it makes her day. I now tell all of our buyers to let me know if they run into trouble & can not keep the horse.

I have a clause in my sales contract that if BUYER ever decides to get rid of horse for any reason I have right of first refusal to buy back.I explain that sometimes life situations change&I want to know where the horses are.Most people honor this.In 2005 I had to buy back or find homes for over 20 horses.Some I had to say no, but most ended up back here for a while until I found new caring homes for them.I feel responsible for these animals& don't want any of mine to end up at some KILLER auction or neglected and left alone.

Responsible breeder, responsible OWNER
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Kudos to both of you- this is the way it should be
smile.gif

You both deserve a standing ovation!
aktion033.gif
Well done poor folks, poor baby. I'm sure you'll find another someone to luv him. Let's see!

Hats off to both of you for being so responsible about this!!! It's a wonderful example of looking out for the horses' welfare - YEAH!!!!

Liz R.

The posts on this thread thrilled me to no end so I had to bump it back up!
wink.gif

Sounds like both of you did the right thing!

I always sell my pups with a 'first refusal' requirement should they be unable to keep the dog at any time throughout it's life!!!!!!!

So far I have only one come back!

Good for you! You did right by your little colt!

So glad this situation turned out this

way, that people were willing to do the right thing before he got into trouble.

Thankfully, there are still some sensible people out there and responsible, loving and caring ones, too!

Thanks for taking him back and making sure he is taken care of. I know you will find another perfect place for him one way or the other.

Liz M.

AS IF BY MAGIC said:
the same just happened to me.....only i was lucky to get a palomino filly 
yes.gif

510417[/snapback]

hi there as if by magic, i havent heard from you in a while how are you? i hope to get talking to you before christmas,,
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back