Goodbye, Eddie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Field-of-Dreams

Reaction score
We had been having trouble with Eddie choking several times, the last one on Sat AND then again on Monday. I picked him up from the clinic last night, and he seemed a bit off, didn't want his dinner. I took his temp and it was normal, but he did have the runs pretty bad last night (which was from the antibiotics) This morning he didn't want his grain but did drink a lot and grazed a bit, so I felt safe leaving him.

I came home from work and he was gone. it didn't look like he struggled at all, the ground was not torn up. I took him down to our clinic where they did a necropsy. It looks like he had a bad heart, the walls were very thick. The vet feels that this pressed on his esophagus and caused a stricture, which made him choke. Poor guy.

Godspeed, Eddie.

Lucy

Last edited by a moderator:
Im so sorry your loss.
default_sad.png

I am so sorry..... You did everything you could. And he got to come home and just go to sleep. Sorry for your pain.

Run free, Eddie..........I know you already are......

It's terrible whenever we lose something or someone we love, no matter the reason. I am so sorry for your lose.

default_sad.png
I'm so sorry. Words can never offer the comfort we wish to convey. At least you know your little Eddie went peacefully and his struggles are ended now.

Oh man, that is a tough one.
default_sad.png
I have a filly with a bad heart, she got from having a long-term systemic infection as a foal. I am always worried about her.

I am so sorry you lost your boy, I am sure it was quite a shock and so very sad.
default_crybaby.gif

Back