Goodbye, Eddie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
But at least, like someone else said, he was home when he passed where he knew there was comfort and love..

It's not easy to lose a horse but there is some comfort in knowing that he did not struggle and he was at home. May God Bless you all.

I am so sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

There is a birth defect that can happen to horses, though is very rare. There is a band that is by the heart that closes off their esophagus, just before the foal is born that band is supposed to release.

I had a beautiful buckskin Windchaser son, who started choke when he was 9 days old, it cleared up and he had it again at 12 days old and I could not get it to clear up. He would not nurse his mom either. He started to crash so I brought him up to the vets and the vet felt that this was what his problem was. They tried to tube him and could not get the smallest of tubes down him. They brough him back to normal, but he continued to choke then go off nursing. I had the vets work with him for two days, but I finially had to put him down. My vet did a necropsy and that was what it was. He said is is very rare and you see one in about every 30 years.

Your colt must have still had the band, but it was open enough for him to get food. But, with his growning, it finially started to choke his food supply off.

It is so tough to loose one!

Oh no poor Eddie! I know you have done everything you possibly could for him. He was always such a tiny little guy. By the time u got him he really had barely grown much at all, I thought he was just going to be tiny. Sounds like its something no one could have known about or corrected.

I would like to offer you a replacement colt. I have 2 lovely black colts born this year and if u would like one u are welcome to pick one out. They are not brothers to Eddie as his dam had her uterus prolapse this year and vet. said not to breed her again. Jen

Here is Eddie with his Mom when he was a new baby

dancervelvetcoltsleepmombest2dy.jpg

OH, I am so sorry. I have not heard of that problem before.

Take care-

Peggy

I'm so sorry, Lucy...my thoughts are with you.

Liz

So very sorry. Eddie is very cute His little Hooves will be beating in Heaven above you.

Lucy,

I am so sorry - what a precious little fellow. hairicane, how nice of you to offer another colt.

Latest posts

Back