GOOD NEWS...AUTUMN UPDATE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishful

Reaction score
JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH AUBURN AND TETNUS WAS NOT THE CULPRIT IT WAS "MILK fEVER". AUTUMN IS EATING AND DRINKING THIS MORNING AND WILL GET TO COME HOME TOMORROW
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
SPIRIT WILL BE REUNITIED WITH HIS MAMA
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PRAYERS.
yes.gif

Thank goodness, as what I have read suggests that treatment for tetanus is often not successful. Hoping that she will recover quickly now, thanks for keeping us posted!

Milk Fever???

Never heard of it!! Please tell us more about it.. what did the vet say??

Congratulations that it is not tetanus!!! Glad to hear she is doing better..

Please --- tell us more about Milk Fever!!

JJay

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Oh Thank Heavens!

I've been researching milk fever and I had no idea it could get this scarry and do all this!!! What a horrible scare!

HURRAYYYYYYYY
aktion033.gif

That IS good news! You must have almost cried in relief.....

Is milk fever similar to calcium deficiency??? What did the vets tell you?

MA

What a relief!!! I am so glad to read this!!! And I must commend you for taking such quick action with your mare - I think your fast response REALLY made a difference!!! Again, I am so happy to hear the good news!
yes.gif

Yes Milk fever is a calcium deficiency. This is the way I understood it but someone else may be able to explain it better. When the mare is not getting enough nutritional calcium during late gestation and early lactation, the developing/nursing foal pulls all of the mares calcium reserves leaving nothing for her causing the muscles to freeze up and the body to shut down if left untreated, symptoms normally show up 7 to 14 days after foaling.

Great news!!!!! So glad everything worked

out...
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Boy is that GREAT news....something fixable!!!!!! See prayers work! God is good.[/SIZE]

Lyn

As said on the other thread, wonderful news! I am so happy for you and your sweet mare.

Can't tell you how wonderful it is to read GOOD NEWS for a change!
yes.gif

Threads like this one provides a great learning tool for lots of people!

This forum is a wonderful place, and great service to us all! ....THANK YOU MARY LOU!
aktion033.gif

Oh Thank Goodness!!!

I have been very concerned about her and her foal. I am so glad to hear that it is not tetanus as it rarely has a good outcome.

I did not realize that Milk Fever was so extreme. Would love to continue to hear of her progress.

Thanks for letting us know.

Latest posts

Back