Good news and bad news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Good news is we finally got Image PREGNANT! First time in 3 years.... bad news is there are twins in there. She could be like 90% of mares that have twins and absorb 1 right away and keep the other one or, she could absorb them both.... please pray that after all this trying we get one good baby from her. She is like my watched pot..... I want the baby from her soooooo bad that she doesnt "boil" and give me one! Cheryl thinks she may have done this before and resorbed and thats why we havent had a baby ...... I have never known of pony or mini twins that survived only arabs.[/SIZE]

I so want this baby!

Lyn

ps . if we manage to get one it will NOT be for sale!!!!

[SIZE=14pt]I dont know Jane..... I will ask Cheryl tonight. She is a 36 inch shetland/mini.\Thanks Ginny , wouldnt that be fun to have twins????? Im not going to get my hopes up tho.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Twins would be awesome but even one healthy one is something to celebrate. Hope everything goes well for you and your mare! Keep us posted.

We have a mare that seems to get bred pretty often with twins. SHe is 16 this year and has at least 3 documented pregnancys of twins. WE also had a madien 3 year old preggers with twins. The 3 year old lost both of them. The other mare always seemed to rid herself of one of them on her own but carry the other.

Seems to me that there was a set of twins born in Canada a couple years back and I'm thinking it was to a mini Mom. Does anyone remember that?

Joyce

Well let's pray for one healthy baby, but.............. if you should happen to be blessed with two what a bonus that would be for all your years of waiting right Lyn? Will keep fingers crossed that you will be blessed come spring.
smile.gif
yes.gif

I´m sorry to say but I don´t think you will be blessed with twins.

Since most are born way to early, dead or will die soon after birth.
no.gif

And not to forget the mare who can be seriously hurt when giving birth to 2 foals.

I think only 5% of born twins survive.

I would try and pinch on out like said.

[SIZE=14pt]Right now at 40 days they are both the same size.... Cheryl will do another ultrasound next week and if one is smaller will either pinch it off or inject it with something.... dont know how that works as I have never heard of that before. I am sure we would not get twins carried to term even though I read the article on the 37 inch mare in canada that had twin fillies.... Im realistic and know that I would rather purposly sacrifice one for the other to survive. Maybe she will take care of that for us and resorb one by herself. When they are both growing at that same rate though I understand she is more likely to resorb both. We are hoping next week that one is smaller.[/SIZE]

Lyn

[SIZE=14pt]IT WOULDN'T BE POLICY HERE TO LEAVE THE MARE WITH TWINS - AS IT RARELY IS A HAPPY ENDING. A FRIEND OF MINE ONLY THIS YEAR HAD 1 TWIN FOAL PINCHED LAST YEAR, BUT SHE STILL HAD 2 DEAD FOALS, THIS WAS A THOROUGHBRED MARE. CHANCES MUST BE PRETTY SLIM FOR A MINI.. SURELY ONE FOAL IS BETTER THAN 2 DEAD ONES. ALTHOUGH NOTHING IS FOR CERTAIN.[/SIZE]

FEELS A LITTLE LIKE PLAYING GOD. NOT A DECISION I'D LIKE TO MAKE.

GOOD LUCK

Well, that is a good news/bad news situation. I had a TB mare that was originally a twin, I had one twin pinched, and the result was a beautiful TB foal. So pinching one would be the best plan, although you will probably always wonder what the one you pinched would have turned out like!

Good luck maintaining the pregnancy, I can tell this is one of your most desired babes.
yes.gif

Joyce said:
Seems to me that there was a set of twins born in Canada a couple years back and I'm thinking it was to a mini Mom.  Does anyone remember that?Joyce

443662[/snapback]

Here is the link that goes directly to their page....
smile.gif

Pinto Mini Twins

Latest posts

Back