Good Idea time ........no more cold water for my guys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Installed an On demand hot water heater.

This thing is too cool!

Its the model that goes under a sink it can be wired for 220 which gives you HOT water or 110 that gives you warm water, or you can wire it with the appropriate plug to use ANYWHERE.

It's little 6"x10". It has enough pressure coming out to use a sprayer attachment on the hose.

I have a hose going in from my hydrant and a hose coming out to the horse.

Used it for the first time last night and I'm pretty excited.

Oh here's the BEST news......it was $80.00 on clearance at Home Depo.

You will NEVER run out of warm/hot water as it heats the water up as it comes into the unit.

Now its your turn whats your latest GOOD IDEA?

Ondemand.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this water heater. I have the same one installed in my camper. As for my latest good idea...after realizing the drain in the floor of the milk room in the old barn (abandoned after building a new parlour) didn't drain to anywhere any more I found a ten foot section of pvc pipe and rigged it up to run from under the old parlour to out in the cow's yard. Now after I wash all of the calf bottles and buckets and they wash down the parlour the water coming out at pretty decent pressure washes away all of the poo in the yard so I don't have to scrape it as often. This wouldn't have worked if the yard wasn't pitched to run off into the settlement pond so I lucked out there. Saves me lots of time anyway and before now, I dont think my cows ever saw washed clean cement.

Ahhhhh Whitney you are so on target with the warm water. Now is the time for sure to be thinking about it and getting it done before winter comes again.

I finally got hot water in the tack room about 2 years ago and I have never been so happy about it in my life, especially this awful winter. We went to Lowe's and got the cheapest hot water heater they had. 40 gallons for $200. But wait! There was a tear in the box so we got some money off. But wait! It had a tiny nick in it so we got more money off. But WAIT!!!!!!!! We got a senior citizen discount!!!!!! or it may have been a contractor's discount, can't remember. Out the door we went for about $140 or so bucks.

Latest posts

Back