GOOD FRIENDS!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willowoodstables

Reaction score
I know some (maybe most) of you are aware that my best-est friend Judy Bakker (Sunny/Sunfire Miniatures) took it upon herself to enter my horses for the "R" Nationals the day my mother passed away (that was the closing date). Well I have struggled thru most of the summer with estate stuff, emotional UPHEAVAL and general mahem. Judy has been like the "rock" letting me bend her ear. Well, we came home from a MUCH needed rest at the cottage on Monday to the news my aunt has now had her cancer re-occur (my mother's sister), they can't help me clear out my mother's house (sold and closes Sept 30..TOTALLY understand their situation..been there just this past July). It TOTALLY flipped me out and I completely lost my marbles (preverbial straw that broke the camel's back!). I called Judy to say "I'm out, I quit, sc-w Nationals, I can't cope!!!" Judy let me rant and rave and sob and then said "Would it make you happy if Sid and I took Mirage (C-Jo) to the Nationals for you??" At first I said "not gonna do it", but with her gentle push and upport and calming effect, the horse is GOING, with Sid and Judy on their trailer and I will fly down to see him show with my hubby!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU JUDY AND SID....the light was none existant on Monday, and through your help and kindness and support, I will have a horse there, and I will be there (short time but still there) when in my little dark world I thought there was NO way I could get me, myself, hubby and horse there AND cope with ALL the other stuff going on. My new mantra is "It's about ME" for the next little while, and THANKS to my "sister" Judy for helping it be about me.

It may seem trivial to worry about a horse show admidst the whole emotional upheaval, but it did seem to keep me focused and occupied during all the mess that comes with dealing with an estate and the loss of a loved one, but my Mom would have wanted me to go, have fun and generally wreak havoc at a show (she LOVED to go to shows!!). With the help of my friends and family, I can do something that she would have wanted, and I WILL enjoy it for a couple days and just put the rest of it on "hold" till I return..I'm POSITIVE it will all be here waiting for me when I get back (rats..I wish that black cloud that lives over my head would disappear over the Arctic Circle about now!!)

Just wanted to let every one else in the Forum world know, don't dispair, there are friends (long distance) that are there, and that the light at the end of the tunnel IS there!!

Kim and Alan Macleod and C-Jo (STILL Nationals bound!!!)

You have had many burdens to carry but you do know you are a very lucky woman don't you? bless the people who make it so for without them you would have a hard time finding the strength you need. There are angels among us and you found yours.....or she found you. Good Luck!

So sorry for your personal issues - many people have had hard things happen this year without all the misfortunate and devestation from Katrina.

Judy - does deserve a hearty pat on the back and a big thank you for being a good friend, but you must be a darn good person yourself for her to do this!

Good friends (and family) make lifes difficulties bareable.

Hope your situation improves and best of luck for your horse at the Nationals.

That's quite a story.

I can't believe your misfortune at this time, and yet you have found some happiness, which is how those we miss and mourn and worry over would want it.

Thank you, Judy, for being there...that is so wonderful of you.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes!

Liz M.

Aren't "bestest" friends worth the world???? jennifer
saludando.gif

I understand in part what you're going through. We lost a family member in June. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful friend.

Back