Good Books

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite books is A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson, saw recently that Robert Redford is staring in a movie based on this book with Nick Nolte as the other character. Can't wait to see it.

Oh that's great Sonya , so glad you enjoyed it
default_smile.png

Great topic. I have no time to sit down with a book. I don't want any apps on my phone. Audio book rental from Cracker Barrel has become my thing. We recently took a vacation to a mountain cabin and listened to one of Janet Evonovich's Stephanie Plum series we rented from there. It made the drive so much more fun. Today I picked up In The Unlikely Event by Judy Blume. I am gonna stick it in the boom box and get some rooms cleaned out the next couple of days. I am hoping it will be the motivation I need.

I personally like the Misty of Chincoteague books. Also in my reading list are: Ishmael/Self Raised by E.D.E.N. Southworth, Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss, and House of Love by Elizabeth Cheney.

The Girl on the Train written by Paula Hawkins is one I thoroughly enjoyed. I did the audio version and must say the narrators brilliantly portrayed the characters. Traded it in for Pegasus, which others have mentioned, and so far it is pretty good.

For those of you that do the audio books, do you prefer narration that just reads aloud or narration that actually portrays the characters in a voice unique to each? I like to hear the voice of the character because it helps me to form a mental picture.

Pegasus just did not do much for me. Never have I struggled so much to figure out who the main character is only to have deaths declare me wrong. The plus side was learning more about Lipizzaners. Also the portrayal of Hitler's persecution was well done. Still, I just wanted the story to end.

Returned that one and breezed through Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich. As always with Stephanie Plum's fiascos I was greatly entertained.

More audio books recently: The Matchmaker, Silencing Eve, In The Unlikely Event all were very good. While cleaning and de-cluttering I found one I own called Bearing an Hourglass and have decided it is worth listening to again.

Latest posts

Back