Golf Carts at R Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Oaks

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could bring your own golf cart at Nationals. I usually rent but so dorn expensive.

Yes you can, and I've seen several privately owned golf carts that had cute custom paint jobs and/or logos on the sides at Nationals.

Since we are there the entire time, nearly two full weeks, we could buy a used golf cart here at home for what it ends up costing us to rent at Nationals every year. Unfortunately we don't have the space to haul one to Tulsa. We would if we could though. I've also noticed the rental prices have gone up significantly every single year.

We are looking into buying a Cricket which is a mini golf cart that fits in the stall of the trailer. Very compact.

Just remember the rules about golf carts. I wish every body would leave thems at home, I have a big problem with them I got run into by a golf cart the first year it was in Tulsa,
default_new_shocked.gif
the cart ran over my horse while I was in the cart with her so you can see why they should stay at home every body can walk and if you are disabled then that is different, ok I will stop I have said my peace.

I believe the rule is you are not allowed to lead any horse at all period unless you are walking. Leading a horse from the golf cart is not allowed.

Who do you rent them from I have a disabled friend going with me and i am looking into getting one?

I'm not sure where you can use them, but this is a quote out of the AMHR National Show Premium Book:

No Scooters, Rollerblades, or Motorized vehicles

will be allowed in the barns or in the commercial areas

You can rent them from the golf cart people on the grounds of the barns. We are usually stalled in Barn E or the barn that is located by the RV park. It's kind of far to go back and forth to the office. I walk when I have my horse with me. I don't pass in the barn with the golf cart.

I'm not sure where you can use them, but this is a quote out of the AMHR National Show Premium Book:
No Scooters, Rollerblades, or Motorized vehicles

will be allowed in the barns or in the commercial areas

Note it says IN the barns or IN the commercial areas. The rule is saying you can't use them inside the buildings. People use them to cross the parking lots from building to building and go back and forth to the RV park. Not to drive around inside the buildings. The grounds there at Nationals are HUGE. Last year we were stalled in the FURTHEST BARN in the FURTHEST AISLE from the show ring. When we found out where we were stalled we timed with a stopwatch how long it took to get from our stalls to the show ring. It was 11 minutes IF I JOGGED the entire way with the horse. If I walked it was 15-16 minutes ONE WAY. Imagine getting to the show ring with your horse for your class and realizing you'd forgotten something vital back at your stalls, like your show halter or your back number. Take it further, and imagine having four kids in back to back to back youth DRIVING CLASSES and needing to bring horses, carts, equipment, clothes, snacks, drinks, etc. back and forth to the show ring area plus needing to go back and forth to the RV park where we were camping in our LQ horse trailer.

We were actually forced to scratch some of our youth classes that were back to back because it was too hard running back and forth switching horses and equipment. We had both a golf cart and scooters and couldn't have gotten by without them. Yes, everybody needs to remember the rules and be careful and watch out for each other, but trust me, unless you have just one horse in a class or two it would be really hard to get by without either a golf cart or a bike or a scooter of some sort.

Even just running down to the show office to ask a question from our stalls was 3/4 of a mile (yes, out of curiousity I clocked that distance too) I'm not sure many people would want to walk several miles total a day in 100 degree heat. You could drive your car or truck around, but good luck finding parking spaces close to where you need to get to.

Just remember the rules about golf carts. I wish every body would leave thems at home, I have a big problem with them I got run into by a golf cart the first year it was in Tulsa, the cart ran over my horse while I was in the cart with her so you can see why they should stay at home every body can walk and if you are disabled then that is different, ok I will stop I have said my peace.
I envy you. You must be young and in fantastic shape. I work out and run everyday and I coach cheerleading and I know there is no way I could handle walking everywhere for two weeks. How do you do it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do it because I hate golf carts so much the golf cart that him my mare reuned the whole show and I drove over 4000 miles not to get hite by a golf cart. If people would not abuse the use it would not be so bad, and o ya Its was really cool to see you in the news
default_aktion033.gif

Bob C.

I do it because I hate golf carts so much the golf cart that him my mare reuned the whole show and I drove over 4000 miles not to get hite by a golf cart. If people would not abuse the use it would not be so bad, and o ya Its was really cool to see you in the news
default_aktion033.gif

Bob C.
Thanks
default_smile.png
I forgot to add, that it is terrible that you got hit by a golf cart. I hope it didn't completely ruin the show or hurt you or your horse too seriously. Talk about careless and reckless driving. That is the sort of behavior that ruins it for everybody else. It had to have been someone screwing around or going too fast or just being a jerk.

More stupid behaviour like that and they will ban golf carts and then a lot of us are in trouble. I know I'm a wimp, but I know I don't want to have to walk all over the place.

I can't imagine running into someone driving a horse while driving my golf cart there. I'm constantly looking around and on the alert when driving because not only are there are people, horses, dogs, etc. all over the place, crossing the parking lots you have to be watching for cars, trucks, other golf carts and people on bikes.

Golf carts at the big shows are lifesavers in my opinion. Absolutely the drivers need to pay attention and not run you down, but the distances are so great if you aren't in great shape or have foot or leg problems. I've had one at World, but did not rent a cart in Tulsa....and walked myself to death. If we aren't in one of the close barns this year I'll be driving!
default_yes.gif

I have one at home, don't know how I ever lived without it LOL.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back