Golden Palominos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solupe

Reaction score
My continued interest in miniature horses has made me want to examine the golden palomino miniatures a little closer , lead me the way.....

Pictures of your prime arabian type golden wounders would give me enjoyment.
aktion033.gif

a true golden palomino is pretty hard to find in miniatures. here is one of the few i know of owned by my good friend Ginny. Im hoping to send a mare to him pretty quick
smile.gif

Meltons Moonman

moonman.jpg

My sweet mare, Harmony Hills Harvest Gold / Goldie is NOT a golden palomino dun, but she sure looks like one. She's a great and versatile mare who comes to me from my good friend Kim (our own CKC).

goldie-show-1.jpg

Goldie%20--%20016.jpg

kim+goldie.jpg

PS I believe that Goldie is actually a very light silver bay dun...

yes.gif

Many years ago I showed palominos and in the color classes, it was judged outside and the coat was to have the glint of a newly minted gold coin. That is very difficult to find in miniatures, but I know that the first horse listed above has that glint and our palomino pinto, Little America's Rowdy Cowboy, has that glint, too. It is difficult to get a photograph of the "glint" that I am talking about, but when you see it, you will know it.

rowdycowboy0624a.jpg

Here is our newest palomino and perhaps as he gets older, his color will improve, as happens frequently.

Lucky Four Skippa Gold Sensation

sensationDSC_2200.jpg

Tony you are so right. But dang you cant get it to show up in a picture. Moonman has that gold glint all over. It really is something to see in person.

Yeah I really fancy the true golden golden palomino's...lately all i've seen are the dilute cream palomino's and it's getting depressing! What's happening to all our gold?? I think it might be time to start working on our solid colors...i've only been in the mini world a short time but after working for years with pigeons on refining colors and markings, coming into the horse world, it's a complete mess!....ok not complete mess...I have to admit I like all the colors! But what's happening to the golds!!??!!

Not a miniature, but the first palomino classic in Europe. Our imported Classic Shetland stallion "King". We hope for many more palominos next year!

dcp_king_kopf_SL.jpg

I have two here that to me are golden palominos.......

One a broodmare that is leaving to go to Alison (Briarwoods miniatures)

And the other a yearling son of BTU - pictured below (who is actually for sale
wink.gif
) He was just pulled from pasture and to me has that "sheen" as he is not bathed nor clipped here.

f3340bf7.jpg

f3376987.jpg

WOW Erica your babies are immaculate and spectacular!! What do I have to do to have my 4th mini be from you?? *bats eyes - flashes money - pushes brastrap off shoulder* oh uh hey...lol j/k but honestly, GORGEOUS little man, I wish I could afford him! I have room for ONE more mini in my paddock and I need to make sure it's yet another GOOD one! See...for all you who ask me why I don't just purchase the $300 mutt mini down the street...it's my confined space that requires me to bring home great mini's! And well..they're pretty =)

Here is our palomino gelding. Although he was just clipped in this picture so isnt as gold as he normally appears but still pretty yellow for a just clipped horse
smile.gif

casper_2.jpg

This stallion isn't mine anymore, we just sold him earlier this year to Jennifer of Sweet Opal Miniatures, but he is a beautiful golden palomino, even clipped. Funny, he looked WHITE when he was younger when clipped, but he's gotten more and more deep gold, the older he's gotten.
fs_bronze5_f.jpg

I've had a few beautiful golden foals by him too, one of which I've kept. She's far more golden as a youngster than her sire was. I need to get current pics of her (story of my life, lol!)

I'm not sure he's all that golden. Right now he's kind of red because he's been rolling in Virginia Red Clay Dirt!!! But this is my (now) gelding, Triple H Derby Day Miracle / Derby. He is a 2000 horse and gets more gold each year but is not a deep gold and doubt he ever will be. He is a once in a lifetime horse to me and is truly an "all around" boy -- halter, color, model, hunter, obstacle, driving. He's done well in all areas and mostly I just love him.

Derby-WCMHR-Hunter.jpg

Derby+Jill--WCMHR--2004.jpg

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20June%2013,%202004%20003.jpg

and sporting his "white boy" look:

Derby%20--%20Silver%20Star%20Show%20--%20May%2010,%202004%20075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy's not ours any more, but he is the nice golden colour I too, prefer. He sired a sweet little blue-eyed (possible) cremello colt for his new owners just this spring. The first picture is as a yearling, after clipping, and the second (rearing) is as a two year old un-clipped. The dark-looking tail, is only shadow...his tail it solid with no dark hairs. He also sports some appy spots and is mottled...a lot.
yes.gif

Jul0916.jpg

Photo0071.jpg

Karen Drake has a GORGEOUS golden stallion! I will have to go look up the web-site!!

I myself just bought a palomino colt and I THINK he is going to be pretty golden (I hope so)

I know someone else who has a golden stallion for $2000.00 I think He is 33.75'' and is only AMHR! if you want to PM me I will try to hook you up with the owners, I am not even sure if they would sell him but OMG he is GORGEOUS!!

Here are some pictures of my new colt, Palley:)

Palley3.jpg

Palley.jpg

Palley13.jpg

Palley5.jpg

and I think there are of few more pics of him on my web-site if you want to take a look on Palley's Page!

http://www.vanillaacres.1colony.com

-Gage-

Here is mine. Lucky Four Snowmans Irresitable. "Dolly" to us. She is one of the most beautiful mares I have ever seen and I about died when the lady I bought her from told me I could buy her. I had admired her for so long.

dollyshead.jpg

Dolly.jpg

minimama said:
Here is mine.  Lucky Four Snowmans Irresitable.  "Dolly" to us.  She is one of the most beautiful mares I have ever seen and I about died when the lady I bought her from told me I could buy her.  I had admired her for so long.
dollyshead.jpg

Dolly.jpg

429198[/snapback]

OMG I totally agree with you!! She is GORGEOUS!! Let me know if you EVER sell her!!

I want her!!

And Tony, you know how much i LOVE that palomino stallion of yours!

I just love palominos!

-Gage-

minimama...Dolly is MY kind of horse...what an absolutely GORGEOUS head, and those long, blonde eyelashes are to die for! Oh, yeah, the color's not bad either
biggrin.gif
!

Tony said:
Many years ago I showed palominos and in the color classes, it was judged outside and the coat was to have the glint of a newly minted gold coin.  That is very difficult to find in miniatures, but I know that the first horse listed above has that glint and our palomino pinto, Little America's Rowdy Cowboy, has that glint, too.  It is difficult to get a photograph of the "glint" that I am talking about, but when you see it, you will know it.
429006[/snapback]

I saw that "glint"on a golden palomino pinto this weekend. It's absolutely gorgeous!!

stallion_bronze_01_f.jpg

this is my palomino stallion, Magic also posted a pic of him, this was taken right after being clipped.

I also LOVE love LOVE the golden palominos! My favorites were always the Kahoka's. They had some GORGEOUS golden palomino stallions. I think the lady from Alameda Farm just bought one of Kahoka's golden palomino studs to cross with her Mickey Mouse and Gold Bar daughters. She's absolutely in love with him! They are really nice and because Kahoka was all about palominos and reds they've been working on it for a while. I know they were trying to sell most of their horses...does anybody know if they're still in business?
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back