Going to the World for the 1st time

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelridge

Reaction score
Has anyone ever stayed at the Green Oaks?

Is it a nice place and easy to find my way back to the Will Rogers arena??

This is our first time going to Dallas/Ft Worth and I also have a distorted sense of direction so I wanted to find a reasonably priced place, that was easy to get back and forth too.

It looks easy from the Mapquest searches I did, but wanted input on anyones experiences and/or suggestions.

Thanks!!!

Hi Angelridge:

This will be our first time to the World show too! We will be staying at the Marriott. It’s located about a mile away from the grounds on Museum Way. We’re not familiar with Dallas/Ft. Worth either and wanted to be someplace close.
biggrin.gif

Dawn

We always stay at the Marriott Residence Inn--it's really nice and very close to the show and lot sof restaurants, but might be full by now. There's also a Courtyard by Marriott nearby and I think a Fairfield Inn too. I haven't stayed in the Green Oaks, but I have heard that it is not as nice. If you're looking for close places, you want one that is on South University Drive in Fort Worth.

The Green Oaks is about 3 miles away (about 5 minutes) down I-30 but certainly within the staying area. We have stayed there many times. It is old but recently renovated and they are dog friendly. The thing I like most about them is that they are easily accesible and have a huge parking lot if you have a big vehicle. They are on the medium price side.

And on a side note, it's where Tony and his wife Carol spent ther honeymoon so that tells you how upscale it is. Also it's very close to Walmart, Sams, Home Depot, Target, and a big Grocery store.

I stayed at the Ramada the last time I went and it wasn't so nice. This time I'm staying at Days Inn, it's right down the street.

OH the Days Inn sounds perfect, I looked it up and its just right up the road.

Has anyone stayed there before??

Is it a nice clean motel?

I am not really much on fancy, just so the rooms are nice and clean and the place itself is kept up nice, thats all I need.

The have a continental breakfast with a BUNN coffee maker! That sounds good to me already!

Thanks for all your replies!

We're staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott... Just down the street

from the Will Rogers and has great resturants across the street.

We were there last year and can highly recommend it.

We will also be staying at the Residence Inn, so will look forward to meeting up with some of you! We arrive 3 October, and stay until 11 October.

I can't begin to tell you how excited we are at being able to come over there and see all those beautiful wee horses. Our biggest problem will be trying not to cry all the way home because we can't afford to bring any home with us!
crybaby.gif

I have seen so many lovely ones on websites through this forum, I have already spent about half a million bucks!!
biggrin.gif

Lucky dreams are free!

Brigid

Al summed up Green Oaks pretty well. We used to stay there, but have given it up. No breakfast there LOL. La Quinta on I 30 at Cherry Lane was also remodeled a few years ago and is a good medium priced place with a good breakfast. Several motels on University too that are less than 5 minutes away.

There is another alternative if you are staying at least a week. There are several furnished houses in the show area that rent out for horse show events. Don't remember offhand what they rent for, but if you are staying for the whole show and have several people to share it, seems like it would be a deal. Comes with a full kitchen so you can save on restaurant expenses. If anyone wants info on them, pm me - we have some friends who own one of them and I can forward information from it.

Jan

I called the Days Inn and it was 57.50 per night, tax included. Sounds reasonable compared to some of the other rates I checked into. We have stayed at Days Inn motels before and been pleased with them,, but it depends on the managment.

Has anyone here stayed at the Days Inn and can give me a testimonial?
yes.gif

Angie

Hey, just a reminder -

If you are staying at ANY of the Marriott hotels for the World Show, be sure and let them know you are with the AMHA and you will get a special rate. There is more information on the AMHA website and World Show Premium at:

http://www.amha.org/pdf/show/WorldPremium.pdf

The special rates cover the Residence Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, Spring Hill Suites and Towne Place Suites.

Latest posts

Back