Going to Get My Girls!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaF8

Reaction score
Hello Y'all! Just wanted to write to say that we're FINALLY going back to WA to pick up my 2 mini mares!
default_biggrin.png

((We relocated (Air Force) to Anchorage, AK & had to leave my girls behind due to HORRIBLE weather in Jan.))

Anyhow, we've tentatively set the date for the end of Aug...that is, IF DH gets the time off!

What I'd like to ask y'all is this...

Do any of you know of inexpensive places to stay along the ALCAN that allowes horses?

Any advice? Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

Kim

I cant answer your question BUT how exciting to be living in Anchorage! I lived there for 9 years when my parents where in the army and OH do I miss it there so much. I was 9 when I left and now 29 and wish to go back. How do you like it there? I look at photos all the time and one day I will go back to vacation there (hopefully). I couldnt imagine having minis there with all the predators that could eat them, but Im sure theres a way. Do the moose still come into town and eat everyone flowers? Good luck there and enjoy the mountains!!!
default_laugh.png
Send photos!

I cant answer your question BUT how exciting to be living in Anchorage! I lived there for 9 years when my parents where in the army and OH do I miss it there so much. I was 9 when I left and now 29 and wish to go back. How do you like it there? I look at photos all the time and one day I will go back to vacation there (hopefully). I couldnt imagine having minis there with all the predators that could eat them, but Im sure theres a way. Do the moose still come into town and eat everyone flowers? Good luck there and enjoy the mountains!!!
default_laugh.png
Send photos!

Thanks for writing...only 3 of our 7 got to come here. ((The other 4 are all older & on their own!)) We all love it here...& it'll be even more perfect one the "girls" get up here! We live on Elmendorf (though the AF base & Army post are to be combined next year! HUGE base!) & there's a base stables not but 5 miles from my home. I was told the occasional bear have wandered thru but never have they bothered the horses. And what with all the bigger horses to chose from...my 2 itty bitty ones will be missed!
default_smile.png

We've only seen one momma moose & her older baby earlier this spring. Thankfully, they seem to try to avoid humans in our housing area, though we DO see signs of them laying down in the playgrounds & TONS of moose poop all throughout the area!
default_rolleyes.gif
((Can you believe they VARNISH the stuff to sell in novelty stores?))

I sure hope you get to come back to visit soon! We plan to retire here! ;)

I have TONS to share...just went on a fishing / hiking trip this past Mon. & took lots of photos!

Keep in touch!

Hope__Alaska_photos_13_July_09_A.jpg

Latest posts

Back