God speed Cowboy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
God speed little horse. We will miss your big brown eyes and cocky strut……. But you haven’t really left us. Your legacy will live on here with us through the grandbabies that your beautiful daughters give to us. Soon the pastures at McChesney Farm, GA, will have your new foals romping there.

God speed Cowboy

P1010004.jpg

You scared me Charlotte! I thought he'd died from your title. WHEW!

I didn't think you'd ever sell him, he's been such a big part of your family for so long.

I know you'll miss him terribly!
default_yes.gif

you got me scared too!! Im sure you will miss him but looking forward to seeing his babies will be wonderful for you. I love the photo!!
default_saludando.gif

I bet you were both tearing up
default_bye-sad.gif
default_crybaby.gif
when you said goodbye to Cowboy.

He was a member of your family for a long time.

Bet he will have a great time with his new mare family.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I am proud to own a handsome son of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Charlotte...I'm sure there were plenty of tears today....I know it was a tough decision.

Hugs to your Charlotte...I know you are missing him. Glad to hear that he will be going to a good home. Thank you for letting us know where he is; it is so thoughtful of you as so many of us love him from afar.

Geez! I have tears in my eyes just reading this and that picture just touches your heart! I'm sure he'll be loved at his new home.

Pam

Wow, I can't imagine how bittersweet this must be for you. I'm sure his new owner is over the moon with excitement and hopefully, they will send photos and keep you updated on him.

I think I'm doing better this morning....but then I haven't been to the barn yet.

Frank and I have struggled with this decision for over a year. We finally decided just to throw an ad out there and see what turned up. It had to be JUST RIGHT. And wow! What a wonderful place he is on his way to (due to arrive at 1 p.m.) A beautiful home. wonderful new family. And MARES!

I can't wait to see his new babies next year!

Had to be bittersweet...he is just one that makes you go "aughhh, so adorable". You have good memories and he has a new owner that is going to get/give lots of love and you can still keep up with what is going on with him. Sounds like a win/win situation.

default_no.gif
Charlotte I bet it was har to see him go. Sounds like he is going to a great home though. I hope the new home where he is going will visit lilbeginings and share some pics of him.

I suffered through the exact same trauma yesterday, Charlotte, so I know how you feel. In fact, I'm still a little verklempt.
default_no.gif
Hugs to you and Frank!

Back