Go Canada!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Wow! Yesterday, in the individual jumping qualifier, we did really really well. Eric Lamaze and Hickstead were clear, Mac Cone and Ole were clear, Jill Henslewood and Special Ed were clear (1 time fault), and Ian Millar and In Style had 4 faults! I have no doubt Eric and Hickstead will walk away with a medal for Canada (how awesome is that partnership?) and as a team...we've got a strong one. I really hope Ian walks away with an individual medal too (9 olympics and none yet
default_no.gif
). Tomorrow is the 2nd round...

I saw Eric on the replay of the jumper round from the other day....WOW!! That was awesome! I really liked Eric before he was well known...there was (and still is) just something about his jumping skill....

The dressage well....I haven't been that impressed with....yes there are some beautiful horses....the Canadians for the most part put down good tests...we just don't have the horsepower.

The eventing, I will be honest, I was disgusted with.....if those were the best that Canada could send, we shouldn't have sent them. The riders and the horses didn't look like they were in shape, and they looked totally overwhelmed on that course.....

The Germans...man, they were amazing!!!!!

Anyway, I really hope Ian can get a Individual medal too....he sure deserves it!!!

~kathryn

I'm hoping for something from Eric and Hickstead; not expecting much of the others I'm afraid.

Today's round isn't going quite as well--12 faults for Mac, 18 for Jill; Ian and Eric still to go. It's a long way yet to the individual competition...we'll know after Monday's round how many of the Canadian riders made it into the top 35 to compete for the individual medals.

Latest posts

Back