Glitter - angel colt 4/21

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She still looks round to me which is fine, the V doesn't always come and if it does it is usually soon before they foal.

You are lucky cos my lot poop AND pee inside
default_frusty.gif

Can't really tell on the V she's really hairy must be or have been cold there hahaha if she has no v yet won't be long from the looks of it....can't wait to see more pics

Can't really tell on the V she's really hairy must be or have been cold there hahaha if she has no v yet won't be long from the looks of it....can't wait to see more pics
It is still cold here in the uk - not that it warms up that much in the summer either ! - i'd so like to clip that belly off, she really does have 'thermal insulation' !

I have just been browsing the threads to try and catch up and I see my boy Cruise is the Daddy of your expectant foal.

I own Cruises Dam Slaney and when I purchased her I asked if part of the deal could be a cover from Kims stallion Birchwood UK Sundance.

I was so excited for that cross and of course was hoping for a filly but out popped a beautiful blue eyed colt. He then was sold as a yearling to the UK and I believe is now moving to a new home where he will start his driving career - he has already been started in harness. His first colt has done very well in the ring.

So Slaney will be a Granny again LOL

A couple of pics of Slaney if you would like them and one of Cruises Sire Sundance (my own pic taken at the stud)

Slaney with Cruise only a day or two old

SlaneyampCrusie.jpg

Cruise 1 day old

Cruise1dayold.jpg

Cruisebaby.jpg

Slaney with last yrs colt Warrior (now in the UK)

WarriorampSlaney2.jpg

And Finally Sundance Cruises Sire

Sundance.jpg

I have just been browsing the threads to try and catch up and I see my boy Cruise is the Daddy of your expectant foal.

I own Cruises Dam Slaney and when I purchased her I asked if part of the deal could be a cover from Kims stallion Birchwood UK Sundance.

I was so excited for that cross and of course was hoping for a filly but out popped a beautiful blue eyed colt. He then was sold as a yearling to the UK and I believe is now moving to a new home where he will start his driving career - he has already been started in harness. His first colt has done very well in the ring.

So Slaney will be a Granny again LOL

A couple of pics of Slaney if you would like them and one of Cruises Sire Sundance (my own pic taken at the stud)

Slaney with Cruise only a day or two old

SlaneyampCrusie.jpg

Cruise 1 day old

Cruise1dayold.jpg

Cruisebaby.jpg

Slaney with last yrs colt Warrior (now in the UK)

WarriorampSlaney2.jpg

And Finally Sundance Cruises Sire

Sundance.jpg
Thankyou for posting the lovely photos, first time i've seen Cruise's sire, one handsome guy !

would be happy with a foal like grand dam or grand sire, love dilute and pinto.

new photos today, i think we may have a V shape belly, her bag is filling but slowly, can move her tail with hardly any resistance, .

she seems quite 'wide' still which you can't really see from the 'rear' photo, unless it's all that coat !

unusual behaviour for her yesterday, after being turned out for 2 hours she wanted to come back in to her stall, which she did, and then stayed there all day - did'nt want to be turned out later either !

today she's chasing everyone away from her - even her best friend.

i have her on camera during the night, just checking on her when i wake - which is about every 2-3 hours (the joys of getting older !)

glitter 11-3-2013 014.jpg

glitter 11-3-2013 015.jpg

glitter 11-3-2013 017.jpg

glitter 11-3-2013 011.jpg

glitter 11-3-2013 013.jpg

Yes I agree, don't leave her alone, separating from the herd is a very good sign
default_thumbup.gif
and that tummy looks just as Diane described
default_yes.gif

thankyou for your replies ladies, although this will be my 4th foal the worry is endless !

Another week gone by, how do you think she's looking, not much more development in the 'bag' department !

While grooming her today, baby was having a kick around much to Glitter's annoyance (nipping at her belly) could this be a sign of things to come
default_impatient.jpg

glitter 18-3-2013 004.jpg

glitter 18-3-2013 005.jpg

glitter 18-3-2013 008.jpg

glitter 18-3-2013 011.jpg

glitter 18-3-2013 009.jpg

Hi Judy - good to have the update about Glitter. She still needs to do a bit more shopping in the milk dept, but she's looking good!
default_yes.gif

Not quite sure where you are in the UK, but I hope your weather is being a little bit warmer than ours here in Wales!!

Keep the updates coming please!

What day is Glitter at? She is running the same time frame as MANY mares so far including mine ;) keep the pics coming! This is going to be a gorgeous baby...

Hi Judy - good to have the update about Glitter. She still needs to do a bit more shopping in the milk dept, but she's looking good!
default_yes.gif

Not quite sure where you are in the UK, but I hope your weather is being a little bit warmer than ours here in Wales!!

default_yes.gif

I'm in Shropshire Anna and probably as cold and wet as where you are - this last winter has been awful, we've had so much mud !

What day is Glitter at? She is running the same time frame as MANY mares so far including mine ;) keep the pics coming! This is going to be a gorgeous baby...
Glitter's around 325 days (pasture bred)

going to be a race to see who foals first then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another week goes by !

Glitter's at 331 days (ish) her udder still needs to fill though

some pics for you to check her over !

We've had 4 inches of snow over the last few days and a wind chill of minus 7 - so i'm not surprised she hasn't foaled !

glitter 25-3-2013 001.jpg

glitter 25-3-2013 002.jpg

glitter 25-3-2013 003.jpg

glitter 25-3-2013 005.jpg

glitter 25-3-2013 004.jpg

Thanks for the update, she looks great. The weather this spring is crazy all over
default_frusty.gif

What "kind" of udder does she have? With the elongated hooha that is starting to fall open, she may be one who gets her udder as she foals or right after. Just wondering....

It's hard to tell with those heavy winter woolies how baby is riding, but she's looking a bit "slab-sided" so a bit more rolling should get everything lined up.

With her, I'd be watching the inside color of her vulva, as her bag may not give us any indication of being ready. Some maidens don't even get a bag until they are foaling/after foaling. So, we have to use some other indicators. A picture of the inside of her vulva would be great, so we can see the color she is. It is usually pink in color, but when it gets red/dark red you are usually within about 24 hours of foaling.
not a lot of udder, all my photo's have been taken from 'the back, between her legs' if you move her tail and look through, there's nothing to see !

this will be her 3dr foal - not a maiden mare which is probably why i'm worrying about her 'bag'

she's not keen on having her vulva photo'd, couldn't get her to stand still, i'll try again tonight !

took some udder photo's today - does this look like 'wax' ????

glitter 31-3-21013 001.jpg

No it isn't wax. How many days is Glitter now? Can you see any udder from behind yet?

No it isn't wax. How many days is Glitter now? Can you see any udder from behind yet?
and there I was starting to get excited !!
Glitter's at 337 days and I can just see her teats when you look between her legs but no 'bag'.

My other 2 mares who foaled in previous years had a full bag - even my maiden mare !!!

Yes, unless she is on fescue we would expect an udder to produce. I guess she just isn't ready. Can we have some new pics of her please

Latest posts

Back