Giving my dwarves Sunny and Oz a bath!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gini

Reaction score
After the other day of trying to give Sunny and Oz a bath (not!) I decided to go ahead and brush them out really good before clipping.

If you all had seen the rodeo I had going on here trying to give them a bath on Friday, They both broke loose all suds up and started running like the wind. Sunny was bucking, kicking and rolling it seemed all at the same time. This started Oz doing the same. Suds flying off both as I'm standing in the middle with hose in one hand scrubber trying to get the Corgi girl out of the corral.
default_wacko.png
It is her job to put them in at night. Crazy dog it's bright daylight what makes her think it's time to put them in for the night!.
default_unsure.png
Next thing I know Oz is going one way around their little barn and Sunny going the other way. Passed each other and came bucking and kicking out from each side. Still sudsy but also coated in dirt. They must have rolled back of the barn then continued on. In the mean time I'm trying to catch the dog and keep out of the way of these 2 tornado's.

Corgi dog finally decided this wasn't the best place to be so she headed for the porch to bark from there. DH the helper he is came out the back door dying laughing!!
default_rolleyes.gif
By this time I had dirt and suds all over me and was absolutely soaked from the hose. No help from him!

Horses finally settled down and I got them rinsed them off put everything away and headed for a bath. [SIZE=12pt]Calgon take me away!!.[/SIZE]

Today I decided to clip. These 100 degree days were really making everyone uncomfortable. Got my new Double K's and headed for the shaded holding pen. Set a table up with a fan and my ice tea and a lawn chair so I could get under the belly. Decided I wasn't going thru another bath again so brushed them really well. Guess what?? They loved the clippers!! Got Sunny done and it was like she was kissing and thanking me for her clip. OZ, I got most of it off but he has such fine fur that it's really hard to clip. I will go out when it cools off this evening and finish the job on him. It's just too blasted hot right now.

And how is your day??? Pictures will be posted when I get Oz done and go back over Sunny.

Sunny girl

sunnypartiallyclipped.jpg

the Ozzyman

ozpartiallyclipped.jpg

The brat corgi as you can see not far from Oz (gotta love her as she was doing her job!) and I didn't melt....

chiaonherwatch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a rodeo!!! ROTFL!!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

But I bet they had fun kicking up their heels.
default_smile.png

It is getting hot around here some days. Not over the 100's yet like we usually have. But we have had alot of rain and makes it muggy! I clipped 4 horses on Sunday for a show and was give out!

Thanks for the great laugh!

I know how silly Sadie would get and she would throw her little tantrum and run and buck make you chase or or even worse she would chase us and then turn and kick you in the shins LOL Nothing made my day more then seeing her run like the wind and be a little brat
default_smile.png

I can not wait to see your pictures

That story cracked me up!! I cant wait to see pics of the little devils Ha...
default_smile.png

Wow, 100 degrees!
default_new_shocked.gif
We still can't get above the mid fifties here it seems, I haven't been able to take the blanket off my clipped horse for three days.
default_no.gif

Leia

bumping this up to show pictures

Latest posts

Back